Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is today the day for me to finally get a date?

I've been on this roller coaster since October. I've been told one thing, then thrown hoop after hoop. Today is the day I'm supposed to get a date finally. Via video call with my dr in 45 mins. I'm honestly just tired of being let down at this point. I know it's all going to happen when it should, it's coming, almost there... (this is what my family keeps telling me) but I'm just ready to know something for sure. Honestly I'm ready for it to be over. My last "we'll set your date at this appointment" was a month ago. I called, got the run around, was transferred to everyone in the building with no one being able to tell me why my latest test results hadn't been read only to finally have someone call me and say "Just keep your follow up appt on the 20th. (today) Follow up for what? 🤪 I was originally supposed to have surgery May 1. It's been a long month.

Cross your fingers for me, please!

Well covid-19 has changed things.. hope you have some news though?

No date still :( My PCP had never sent in my recommendation letter so now we're waiting for that. I originally requested it in February. They said everything was good and they would get it to my Surgeon's office. Never did :(

So after several phone calls, I'm picking it up in the morning.

Not good

After many phone calls, I went to my PCP yesterday to pick up a copy of all of my recent records and test results. They haven't sent anything to my surgeon's office yet. I'm beyond annoyed that I had to fax everything myself. It took less than 5 mins. 4 months to fax something is unacceptable.

Oh and to make this whole situation wonderful, when I got there, they acted like they STILL didn't have a clue what I was talking about and had never heard of needing a referral letter. Even though I've called them 5+ times this month. Jesus take the wheel.

As of right now I'm finally tentatively set for 6/16!

The only issue we're having is insurance requires a weight from 2018 and I didn't ever go to the dr in 2018. I didn't have my current insurance. It was more of a place holder so that I would be "Insured" but it didn't actually cover anything.

I was a stay at home mom for 10 years and wasn't ever sick. I'm hoping they'll accept my 8 years of pregnancy logs from my obgyn as proof my weight has been an issue for me.

If insurance approves, I go for my education day on 6/10 and pre op on 6/12!

Pray for me guys!