Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congrats! I'm looking forward to visiting One-derland soon!

I am 50 and I just got off the phone with my Dad who said I would regret it. I definitely felt very hurt and sad. I am glad to have this community. You all are such an inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing your posts. I meet my surgeon and do all my tests and meetings next Wednesday so I am excited to meet the new me!

The only one that counts here is yourself. You are doing this for yourself. I had the lapband on first and it failed miserably. Then when I said I'm doing the sleeve because I didn't want to die over 300 pounds, everyone was supportive. It is a journey, a hard one, but your strength has to come from you. Keep in touch with us as we are always here, and this board has been such a support to me and my journey!

Post-op at 70 was a breeze. No pain meds at all. I took a Tylenol PM to sleep. After having a band in, out, and hysterectomy I told him could he just velcro me. He said he was certain this was it and so far he's right. The only thing that surprised me was I couldn't vacuum for about a month. Dogs got smaller drinks, but other than that I remembered to keep moving all was just fine.

Wow!!! I’m 3 pounds away from 100, so I really feel your excitement. Keep it up!