Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Struggling some 7mo out why?!

Ok, I am almost 7 mo out and am down 130lb over all. Weight loss has slowed to a trickle, down only 6lb in the last month, nothing in a week. The past 2 days I have struggled to stay full and Wednesday was a bad day, made some not great choices(still didn't over eat just not good choices for one of my meals and I ate a bite of a cookie) and Thursday morning had to run for the bathroom 2x in 30 min before I ate anything at all for the day. I STRUGGLED to stay full yesterday and I made good choices etc, Here was how I ate yesterday.

5:30am Protein Shake 30g Protein 160cal

8:30am 3 slices american cheese and 3 crackers.

10:30am Protein shake 30g protein 160 cal & 3/4cup veggie Soup over 45 min.

2:30pm 130 cal coffee drink and 30 min later almonds, dried cranberries and a few cheese cubes 160cal

6:45pm Garden Veggie Burger(110 cal 11 g protein) with one slice of cheese(80 cal 5 g protein), 6 olives, 1 cherry Tomato, slice of cucumber and 1/2 of a breadstick.

I was SUPER thirsty yesterday and I think I drank too soon after eating/with meals. Did it again with Breakfast drank a ton of Water during and after I ate. Then the light bulb went off too much water TOO soon. I am just feeling very very frustrated and can not seem to stay full the last few days. I know I have not stretched my pouch out but I worry about that all the time. I do make good choices 95% of the time. I get lots of steps in at work but miss going to the gym of course.I do try to get to the park and walk when the weather is good. I do not want to fail at this

I would drop the Protein Shakes and replace with food that will make you feel full and stay full longer. I stopped using Protein shakes on a daily basis by 4-5 months I believe and even then I only had one a day.

It appears you are a vegetarian, I’m not but others here are or have been. @GreenTealael @summerset @FluffyChix might be able to help you with ideas to increase protein without relying on shakes.

This link will take you to a thread where we share what we eat.

Food thread

As far a hunger goes I have hungry/ravenous days out of the blue. I just make sure I have good choices available so I don’t grab chips or cookie. The bags of small apples they sell now are a perfect size for me. I also keep a big box of black seedless grapes in the fridge.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far, that is amazing! 6 pounds in one month 7 months post surgery isn’t unusual as far as I know. Your weight loss will slow down as you get closer to your goal weight. May I ask how close you are?

Edited by Cheeseburgh

Drinking with your meals is why you don't feel full.... The reason to not drink with a meal is to stay fuller longer. If you drink with your meal you are washing it down. The Protein Shake and Soup will go right through and you will feel hungry again sooner.

Try and eat more solid foods.... Breakfast: egg, bacon or Quiche, I eat a Breakfast bar. snack is good, cheese (not so much the crackers). Maybe switch the crackers to ham slices, cucumber slices. Lunch: i eat tuna, chicken or egg salad off the spoon. cheese cubes or chili, baked sweet potato..... I cook a few on Sundays and cut off about 2-4oz. Dinner: you will find that your less fatty foods will be dryer (turkey, pork, white chicken) and harder to digest. If i cook steak it has to be MR... Chicken is the dark meat. Don't eat the breadstick.

I stick to the 1/8 cup Protein, 1/8 cup veggie, 1/8 cup of other.... i eat in that order. 90% of the time i can't finish my plate.

https://ccbariatricandsurgical.com/your-health/video/no-drinking-with-meals

Wow, you've done great! Be patient with yourself and don't sweat if if you fall off the wagon, as long as you get right back on. Your body is still going through changes and the stalls are part of that. I know how frustrating they can be!

Trust in the process and get some feedback from your bariatric team. I'm sure they think you are doing wonderfully!

Are you eating your food S-L-O-W-L-Y? The longer it takes to eat the longer that fullness feeling will last with you.

Another thing that will help is like BayougirlMrsS said, definitely don't drink until at least a half hour after your finish your meal. You want that food sitting in your pouch or sleeve as long as possible to promote satiety. You really can't drink too much as long as you don't drink as you eat.

Apart from the Soup and Protein Shake, your food choices look nice and dense, which also help with the fullness. A good snack is a hand full of nuts, also dense with added Protein.

Hang in there-you got this!

cheese is no good. bread is no good. Crackers no good. Soup if packaged could be high in sodium.. you need to make better choices..

I hear where you’re at. I’m 7 months out. However I’ve lost 60 lbs. From my HW though it’s 100. So you’ve done great. I have slowed too & im taking phentermine. Each day is different. Some days not hungry at all. Next day have to control my night time hunger.
I’m a dairy eater too but do think cheese fir all your meals is a lot.
I rarely have carbs. Occasionally crackers lately & think that may contribute to this week’s stall. I would avoid for week & see if has affect.
Definitely eliminate 1 shake. You need solid food. I do have shake every other day especially if Protein count is low that day.
Also I’m still working on breaking habit of weighing too frequently. Trying to concentrate on inches & clothes getting big.
Think with some of these adjustments you will continue to do great!

eat dense Protein (like meat - or other high protein foods with bulk) and stop drinking while & after eating. Something like 4 oz of turkey or chicken is going to fill you up. Twenty Ritz crackers will not.

also, weight loss DOES slow the further out you get. Months 6-12 I was only losing about 5-8 lbs a month, and after year 1, I was losing like 2 lbs a month. But as long as I stuck to my food plan, the weight kept coming off...

Edited by catwoman7