Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

On 4/15/2020 at 7:50 PM, G8trgrl said:

June 23rd! Had to wait 6 months to be cleared by insurance. They scheduled my appointment when I went in for my consultation back in November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found this site and am super pumped! My surgery is on the 23rd of June and I am having a gastric bypass. I can't wait to be on the other side of surgery and get off these Optifast shakes, but it is so worth it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, we are having the same surgery the same day. Good luck to you. I’m on a liquid diet as well this week. What state are u in? I’m in Michigan. I can’t wait to be post op either. ☺️ I will add you to my prayer list!🙏🏽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats so exciting! I am actually in Australia :) Keep up the great work on your liquid diet, sending you thoughts and prayers🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omg just checked my insurance website. I was approved!! I am so excited!!! Began this journey in June 2019. Surgery delayed due to covid19. NYC was hit so hard. My main focus was to stay safe despite normal feelings of disappointment. Surgery 6/29/2020. I am sooooooo delighted. The time is always right.



Also just for context, Mypaperwork was submitted on Monday, took 2 days to be approved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Repeatingthoughts said:

Omg just checked my insurance website. I was approved!! I am so excited!!! Began this journey in June 2019. Surgery delayed due to covid19. NYC was hit so hard. My main focus was to stay safe despite normal feelings of disappointment. Surgery 6/29/2020. I am sooooooo delighted. The time is always right.

Also just for context, Mypaperwork was submitted on Monday, took 2 days to be approved.

Yay that's great new!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mishyd84 said:

Girl I’m telling you! I can’t wait until the eggs and cheese stage!

One of my favorite foods - I had seen a very good surgeon say his patients tended to have trouble with scrambled eggs even weeks into surgery (although fried or poached eggs were easier for them). I guess we will find out soon enough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Emi2020 said:

Yes , June 30th and I’m on liquid diet right now and OMG I’m having headaches 🙈 coffee withdrawals

I get migraines... so my dietitian told me I can still drink a cup of regular coffee in the mornings to keep them at bay without medication.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had my gastric sleeve on June 15th. I guess I’m lucky, had no problems with the anesthesia and gas. Up and walking soon after surgery. No problems whatsoever.

Im a little sore on my stomach where the largest incision was made, but other than that I’m good to go.

Hope all goes well for the rest of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, AlwaysCruising said:

One of my favorite foods - I had seen a very good surgeon say his patients tended to have trouble with scrambled eggs even weeks into surgery (although fried or poached eggs were easier for them). I guess we will find out soon enough!

One week post Bypass and I'm allowed to add eggs, hummus, cottage cheese, mashed Beans and yogurt to my liquids. I ate an egg this morning. It was DELICIOUS. No problem. And I've been queasy in the past. Hope they go well for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Covid test came back negative. Pre op and blood typing done. Now, how to deal with my anxiety over this until Monday....

Sent from my SM-G986U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gastric Sleeve 08th June, it had been postponed from March due to Covid.

Two days in hospital due to nausea from general anaesthetic (I always have that post surgery).

No pain at all really, even had to drive (be driven) for 9 hours home.

Not able to put much into myself at the moment and not sure how normal that is. The first few days it was literally a few sips of juice/milk. A little over a week out and I can finish a Boost Protein Drink over the course of the day and half a cup of cream Soup. I have tried some thinned applesauce but that isn't sitting too well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/17/2020 at 18:42, abiebaby said:

Covid test came back negative. Pre op and blood typing done. Now, how to deal with my anxiety over this until Monday....

Sent from my SM-G986U using BariatricPal mobile app

Same here abie. Ahhh. Positive thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, NatashaTee said:

Just found this site and am super pumped! My surgery is on the 23rd of June and I am having a gastric bypass. I can't wait to be on the other side of surgery and get off these Optifast shakes, but it is so worth it!

Hi Surgery twin, I'm getting the VSG on 23rd! prayers and speedy recovery!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×