Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Apple cider vinegar gummies

Can we take apple cider vinegar gummies after gastric sleeve. I am 9 weeks post op

Why are you taking them? I've seen the ads on Facebook but am unconvinced they do anything. What's your experience been

My kid takes them but he is extreme cross fit athlete, I took one about 3 weeks ago and it was a terrible tummy experience. But may be just me I also agree it is a fad and no proof it does anything but detox the body

4 minutes ago, AJ Tylo said:

My kid takes them but he is extreme cross fit athlete, I took one about 3 weeks ago and it was a terrible tummy experience. But may be just me I also agree it is a fad and no proof it does anything but detox the body

Can I ask what you mean by detox? I'm not being snarky, I'm curious.

Check out this article about detoxing in The Guardian, a newspaper I find extremely reliable. I think the concept of detoxing can be a bit of a scam.

Best advice: Ask your Surgeon because you need to confirm if they want you on a low acid regime with the sleeve❤

But a quick video on ACV

According to my kid, Now take this from a 19 yr old How much validity it has I have no clue, The ACV is suppose to flush out chemicals out of your body which allows Water to move around easier and fat cells to break down easier! I have read where ACV will flush out THC so it may work, No doubt it vinegar cleans shower heads and lossens Calcium I just think its a scam like the berry craze, and this Hemp oil craze. But who knows if it works for you go for it

I remember apple cider vinegar routines from back in the 1960s. That theory seems to come back around every few years. I think that would be too much acid for being just nine weeks out, but ask your surgeon.

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Best advice: Ask your Surgeon because you need to confirm if they want you on a low acid regime with the sleeve❤

But a quick video on ACV

Just an FYI, he's a chiropractor. By law, unlike "protected titles" such as nurse or physiotherapist, anyone can call themselves a doctor or a neurologist.

20 minutes ago, JessLess said:

Just an FYI, he's a chiropractor. By law, unlike "protected titles" such as nurse or physiotherapist, anyone can call themselves a doctor or a neurologist.

I know but the info is still the same.

His delivery is very accessible to many audiences and they can look up research journals if they need more scientific evidence. (Just because someone presents an idea doesn't mean your work of further investigation is done)

BTW he earned his title

Screenshot_2020-03-04-10-11-21.png

Screenshot_2020-03-04-10-13-23.png

Screenshot_2020-03-04-10-13-30.png

Edited by GreenTealael

I would first check with your bariatric team. I would assume they gave you instructions/guidelines of the Vitamins etc you need to take after surgery. I wouldn’t add anything more to that - they are the experts.