Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Actually, I'm kinda looking forward to that! Right now, when I see people I know, they expect to see some huge change, and I'm not quite there yet--only 10 days post surgery. I've lost some weight, but not enough to notice. I am looking forward to people checking out my new look, and noticing the new me, especially this summer :) Take it as a compliment--they are amazed by how great you look--and you do look GREAT!

2 hours ago, llfonseca said:

I hate when I see someone I know and when I walk pass them they just sit there and stares as I walk away, like I can feel you staring at me

I am the same person just a little lighter lol smh IMG_20200221_175756_224.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Maybe they are not sure that you are you. Lol. I have ran into people who have either gained weight or lost weight and i wasn't 100% sure who they were at first glance. Just tell them hi, maybe your voice will help remind them.

I've definitely run into people who don't recognize me anymore. It's kind of nice if I'm in a hurry and don't really have time to talk - I just walk right by because they don't have a clue who I am, even though sometimes it's someone I worked with for years...

I saw some old friends at church on Sunday - they used to be our neighbors, but I haven't seen them since we moved a couple of years ago. I saw them and waved at them........ and they had no idea who I was, even though I was with my daughter whom they recognized. ! I had to go up to them afterward and "introduce" myself.

It is indeed a strange world - some of your family and friends will be so happy for you and tell you how great you look, while others will not ever mention your change at all. And then others don't even recognize you!

I'm going to a meeting next week of a club I used to belong to. It will be interesting to see how many people won't recognize me right away.

Insane change - i agree with above they may not recognize you, actually why do you care - You rocked this and what others think does not matter - Of course i am a guy and ice cold so that is just me

32 minutes ago, AJ Tylo said:

Insane change - i agree with above they may not recognize you, actually why do you care - You rocked this and what others think does not matter - Of course i am a guy and ice cold so that is just me

Actually I really don't care if I get comments or not. I prefer to just be seen as "me" as a person. It's just interesting to watch people's reactions. I don't think you are ice cold - you are just a guy. Women care much more about how they look....... and I think guys care about how women look, too. Am I right?

Right to a certain level - I prefer to be with someone who is normal and sincere vs being hot, Do not get me wrong i go blow off some steam with young ones in Foriegn countrys but as for a partner looks do not matter - Attitude is more important. As we get older we just go for the person not the shell they reside in

It just bother me that I say hi then as I am walking away I can feel the eyes staring right through me

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Omg yes i cant stand it either. Im still in the weight loss phase but because i dropped over 100 lbs you could definitely tell and I get so many stares at work. Or what some people will do is start a convo with me and when im the one talking they will just keep looking at me up and down.

Super annoying!