Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery on the 11th and have lost 32 pounds and I am on the cream Soup phase. I am SOOO BURNT out because there are not much to choose from and now I'm feeling hungry. Any advice or recipes? I ate something I wasn't suppose to yet and I PAID for it!

check out "The World According to Eggface". She's a long-time bariatric patient who loves cooking. She's got recipes posted on her site for all post-op phases.

Congratulations on your weight loss! What's on your plan besides cream Soups? That can't be all you're allowed. Can you have plain yogurt? Purees?

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Just now, Briswife15 said:

Congratulations on your weight loss! What's on your plan besides cream Soups? That can't be all you're allowed. Can you have plain yogurt? Purees?

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I can not have purees. I can have plain yogurt but that's it. That's why I'm starting to have issues.

6 minutes ago, Chas74 said:

plain yogurt

I assume they directed you to plain yogurt to avoid any "chunks" in a fruit yogurt, but did you know that there are flavored yogurts that don't have "chunks"? I liked key-lime and lemon flavored. Both are smooth, without fruit puree.

What about SF puddings? I usually made mine with an extra scoop of unflavored Protein for a protein boost.

Also, there are alot of things you can do with protein powders and shakes to break up the cream Soup monotony. Personally, my favorite was a vanilla shake with half a banana and 1 tbsp of Peanut Butter. When blended up in a blender, it's smooth and deeply satisfying.

And remember, whatever phase you're on, you can still eat the phases that came before it. Broths, Jello, SF popcicles, etc.

Good luck!

32 minutes ago, MsMocie said:

broth, plain youghurt with mashed in berries, fruits etc, smoothies, vegetable Soups, altered flavours in your cream Soup.

I can not have any vegetables

40 minutes ago, MsMocie said:

Even when they are blended smooth in a Soup?

Nope

Take unflavored yogurt and mix in some flavored Protein Powder such as Syntrax. Tastes great and will give you a double dose of protein!

I feel you, Chas74! I am 6 days post op and in the "Full Liquids" phase for another 10 days--and I was on liquids for 2 weeks pre op. I too am so tired of liquids. Did you try Tomato Soup with a dollop of plain Fage Greek yogurt in? Also, my doc said I could have some very thin cream of wheat. Also, sugar free pudding is a nice treat that is permitted on Full Liquids. They also suggested putting a dollop of low-sugar smooth Peanut Butter in your smoothie, blending it very well, to give your taste buds some variety as well.

Good luck and just remember, it will ALL be worth it! Counting the days until puree...

5 hours ago, MsMocie said:

broth, plain youghurt with mashed in berries, fruits etc, smoothies, vegetable Soups, altered flavours in your cream Soup.

I was not allowed to have smashed berries in Full liquid Phase. It's not even allowed in pureed Phase if the berries have seeds--only blueberries were ok in puree and they had to be blended to smithereens.

Here are some tips I wrote down and a few ideas for Full liquids phase. Hope it helps.tips-full-liquids.thumb.JPG.92033057c3239d9be08b798b3ccfea11.JPG

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Here are some tips I wrote down and a few ideas for Full liquids phase. Hope it helps.

FluffyChix, you are awesome! What great ideas!!! I've asked my Bariatric team on several occasions for ideas to make it less tedious and they came up empty handed. I particularly love the Asian Soup idea and am going to try it tonight :) Thanks!!!

38 minutes ago, amboyle728 said:

FluffyChix, you are awesome! What great ideas!!! I've asked my Bariatric team on several occasions for ideas to make it less tedious and they came up empty handed. I particularly love the Asian Soup idea and am going to try it tonight :) Thanks!!!

Let me know how it turns out. I loved all the fortified broths! :) It's hard to pick a fave. !