Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 5 1/2 months post op. Before this week, I only threw up once. I had anesthesia earlier in the day and I just assumed that it was why I threw up. In the past couple of days I have thrown up twice. Both times after eating chicken (and I believe that is what I had eaten on anesthesia day). I wasn't sick before I ate the chicken, was sick within 15 minutes of eating it, and then was fine after throwing up for less than 5 minutes. This does NOT seem like a stomach bug. The first time I assumed it was anesthesia. The 2nd time I assumed it was because it was KFC Chicken Tenders, which are fried. The third time I had a much healthier piece of chicken (not fried). Now I am wondering if I am developing a sensitivity to chicken. It is weird, I have been eating chicken all along, but I threw up both times I ate it this week. I really hope this doesn't become a trend! I prefer chicken as my main form of Protein.

There are some foods that give me what we call here in the forums "the foamies" which is not really throwing up the food, but throwing up some mucus. It's caused by a food intolerance that your stomach can no longer take due to density or texture or processing. I can't eat much of fried foods without getting the foamies. At a year post-op I still can't eat steak or soft tortillas or bread.

May be food intolerance?

Anything else changed in your life besides that? If it continues, I'd contact your doctor/surgeon.

When it happened to me, it turned out my gallbladder had just started to fail and I needed it out soonish.

Hope you feel better soon. ❤️

1 hour ago, GradyCat said:

There are some foods that give me what we call here in the forums "the foamies" which is not really throwing up the food, but throwing up some mucus. It's caused by a food intolerance that your stomach can no longer take due to density or texture or processing. I can't eat much of fried foods without getting the foamies. At a year post-op I still can't eat steak or soft tortillas or bread.

Yes... I am definitely throwing up mostly mucus (and lots of it)... with food in it. This stinks... chicken is the only Protein source I consistently like. I am not much of a carnivore. I eat meat, but I prefer not to eat it most days, but when I do eat it, I prefer chicken. I also eat eggs, but don't really like them much. Don't like fish. Rarely eat pork. And so far can only tolerate ground beef, preferably moist ground beef (soups and such are best).

Anyhow... not going to cut out chicken just yet... but I will if this happens more!

9 minutes ago, Sammi_Katt said:

May be food intolerance?

Anything else changed in your life besides that? If it continues, I'd contact your doctor/surgeon.

When it happened to me, it turned out my gallbladder had just started to fail and I needed it out soonish.

Hope you feel better soon. ❤️

New food intolerance is what I am thinking so far. All three times have been with chicken. Not ready to think gallbladder yet... but maybe. Got my routine blood work drawn today, will see what is up with that in a couple days. I see the bariatric nurse practitioner in a few weeks.

And nope... no other life changes. No real dietary changes either.

3 hours ago, momof3_angels said:

Yes... I am definitely throwing up mostly mucus (and lots of it)... with food in it. This stinks... chicken is the only Protein source I consistently like. I am not much of a carnivore. I eat meat, but I prefer not to eat it most days, but when I do eat it, I prefer chicken. I also eat eggs, but don't really like them much. Don't like fish. Rarely eat pork. And so far can only tolerate ground beef, preferably moist ground beef (soups and such are best).

Anyhow... not going to cut out chicken just yet... but I will if this happens more!

I still drink 1 or 2 Protein Shakes daily, so maybe you can add that into your diet.

10 minutes ago, GradyCat said:

I still drink 1 or 2 Protein Shakes daily, so maybe you can add that into your diet.

Yes, I try to. They make me nauseous lately too. Gotta get a better non-meat Protein diet going!