Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know this is weird - How do I stop losing weight?

I'm just shy of 7 months post op from a Modified DS. Starting weight was 244 - current weight is 165.

Do you eventually stop loosing weight? It's still coming off pretty fast and part of me worries that I'm going to get 'too thin'.

If you find your weight loss isn’t stopping, speak with your doctor about the enzyme Creon.

Thanks - I go for my 6 month post op next week and will ask.

Even if you lose a little too much, most seem to gain 20 pounds back then stabilize. Discuss with your doc your ideal weight, when you hit it you will increase calories to maintain it. But you have to watch how much and make sure you dont over correct and gain too much back.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks @momof3_angels

I did start tracking again - but I find that the apps I'm using aren't necessarily correct. Which is super frustrating. I want my calories to be accurate.

On 2/13/2020 at 10:42 AM, lm4dham05 said:

I'm just shy of 7 months post op from a Modified DS. Starting weight was 244 - current weight is 165.

Do you eventually stop loosing weight? It's still coming off pretty fast and part of me worries that I'm going to get 'too thin'.

Hi, I am having the same issue, well actually I was having the issue, but then I started using a food journal again where I was able to maintain my weight. But since the quarantine I've gone back to losing a bit too fast in my opinion. Some people don't get it, it is scary. I was told that I might have to have a revision surgery if I continue like this, which I don't want. So I would say to journal your food, figure out what you are consuming including the calories, add more of the healthy stuff like Proteins and maybe it is even time to add in healthy carbs such as veggies, quinoa, Beans, lentils, and oatmeal. Maybe even do weight bearing exercises as opposed to cardio exercises. I hope that you can figure things out.