Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Blood pressure crashed, I passed out walking to the kitchen.

I have been on Lisinopril hctz 20/25 for around 8 years. I got up from my recliner and went around 10 steps, I saw black and passed out cold. My wife said I was out around 45 seconds to a minute. I got up, I luckily landed on my back, my head hurts pretty bad from smacking the laminate flooring. I will stay up for at least 5 hrs tonight to make sure I'm alright. Wife insist that I stay up. I checked my blood pressure after sitting in the kitchen island stool. Was 72 over 68. Never even been under 100 on the lower side. I haven't taken my blood pressure medication yet, so I removed all of them for every night in my pill organizer. So I'll call my primary care physician tomorrow morning and let him know what happened. Damn my head and right shoulder feels like they are going to bruise. Be careful getting up y'all. I looked online and it seems that it could take up to 3 days to get the blood pressure medication out of my system.

Edited by Slimming Down Steve

Be careful! Mine dropped the other day. Skipped 2 days of BP meds (but I take them for tachycardia, not bp) and my systolic is barely over 100. Luckily I haven't hit the floor yet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I was on the same exact medication. My surgeon took me off immediately after surgery. I can’t believe that yours didn’t honestly.

Be extra careful as the Hctz is a diuretic as well.

Oh man Steve I am glad you didn't bash into anything on the way down.

Here is the 30 Second rule - when getting up from a chair stand for 30 seconds hanging onto something before moving. Then move slow.

When getting out of bed, sit up for thirty seconds, put feet over bed for 30 seconds, stand for 30 seconds before moving.

My surgeon told me NOT to take my lisinopril after surgery for at least a month or maybe never depending on my BP at that time. LOL I am on 1/2 of a 5mg pill and not even every day.

Just now, Losingit2018 said:

I was on the same exact medication. My surgeon took me off immediately after surgery. I can’t believe that yours didn’t honestly.

Be extra careful as the Hctz is a diuretic as well.

Honestly I can use the diuretic part. Even with stool softeners my poop has been hard to pass.

Just now, Slimming Down Steve said:

Honestly I can use the diuretic part. Even with stool softeners my poop has been hard to pass.

A diuretic will make that worse. You need to have plenty of Fluid get to your stools. I take Miralax every single day plus stool softeners a few times per week.

duuretics will dry you out even more.

1 minute ago, Sosewsue61 said:

Oh man Steve I am glad you didn't bash into anything on the way down.

Here is the 30 Second rule - when getting up from a chair stand for 30 seconds hanging onto something before moving. Then move slow.

When getting out of bed, sit up for thirty seconds, put feet over bed for 30 seconds, stand for 30 seconds before moving.

My surgeon told me NOT to take my lisinopril after surgery for at least a month or maybe never depending on my BP at that time. LOL I am on 1/2 of a 5mg pill and not even every day.

I am going to call my PCP and surgeon tomorrow. See what they say. But for right now I am staying off the medicine.

I saw my pcp yesterday, and told him my BP was hovering around 95/55 and he took me off all Losartin. I was on 100 per day. I am supposed to track it over the next week. He also called for complete blood workup to check Vitamins, etc..

I've also been on BP Meds for 8-10 years.

Smart to just stop the medication and see your doctor. You probably no longer need it.

As for Constipation I don’t understand people with mirilax, it’s a laxative which causes long term dependency and it’s propylene glycol. Since developing an allergy to it I hate the stuff and it’s in a lot of things including personal care products like Shampoo, body wash etc. it’s basically antifreeze ...

I suggests that ask your doctor about a low dose of linzess, it’s similar in what it does (putting Water where it’s needed) and aids gut motility but it’s not a laxative.

35 minutes ago, Darktowerdream said:

Smart to just stop the medication and see your doctor. You probably no longer need it.

As for constipation I don’t understand people with mirilax, it’s a laxative which causes long term dependency and it’s propylene glycol. Since developing an allergy to it I hate the stuff and it’s in a lot of things including personal care products like Shampoo, body wash etc. it’s basically antifreeze ...

I suggests that ask your doctor about a low dose of linzess, it’s similar in what it does (putting Water where it’s needed) and aids gut motility but it’s not a laxative.

No. Miralax does not cause dependence and is very, very gentle. Many pediatricians prescribe it for children. It is one of the safest to take.

I have taken miralax off and on for about 10 years now. It works by drawing Water to the stool. I would be much more concerned about the lack of a bowel movement than I would be taking Miralax.

everyone is different though.

Sometimes I wake up and feel light headed and off balance it happens not much we can do because on so low calories.

I've passed out a couple of times in one morning about six months ago, and I seem to be most light-headed in the morning. I have a grab bar in my shower now. Scary.

On to pooping... I take a Colace and eat three prunes every morning. If I haven't gone for 3 days I take Miralax. This + a lot of Water is working really well for me.

Ended up going to the ER last night. My right ear was bleeding. They ran a MRI and I had some brain swelling but not bad. The nurse put something in my IV to reduce the swelling and they released me around an hour ago. Really tired now.