Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Moisture under stomach flab

I have always had a hanging stomach before surgery but recently have been struggling with moisture at the crease. What do you put to help the moisture to not cause itching. All I want to do is scratch but I’ve broke skin a week ago and I don’t want to do that again.

17 minutes ago, Bianca S. said:

I have always had a hanging stomach before surgery but recently have been struggling with moisture at the crease. What do you put to help the moisture to not cause itching. All I want to do is scratch but I’ve broke skin a week ago and I don’t want to do that again.

Try some clotrimazole cream OTC. Probably a little fungus there that is really itchy. Use the cream twice a day. Really rub it in and continue for a couple of weeks after the rash is gone. This can be a real problem in the summer when there is more warmth. Once the weight is off, you may never have this problem again.

Lotrimin spray for jock itch (not the foot one). Walmart sells their own brand which works just as well. Not to be used on open skin tho so if you have that you should wait until it heals. I use this after every shower and since I have I haven’t had any issues. Good luck!

Me too. I use a powder, don't laugh, called, "Monkey Butt Powder" that is like a talc but better and to keep skin folds from getting moist and rubbing or getting yeast in them. You can get it at Walmart.

I have a bit of over hang and have some of the same issues. I have gotten some prescription powder, Nystatin topical powder, as doctor said I had yeast infection. If you can get to your doctor and have them document your skin issues. If you ever consider plastic surgery to remove excess skin insurance may cover part of it if you can show it is medically necessary. If doctor isn't an option I have used diaper rash cream and when rash healed I used Gold Bond powder.

Edited by Uomograsso

Once there is no yeast or fungus, use some gold bond medicated powders in the creases after you shower. Make sure everything is clean and dry, then sprinkle it in your folds wherever you have a problem.

Gold Bond. Gold Bond. Gold Bond.

Use this liberally and you won't have trouble. I would get a weeping rash under my pannus, but the Gold Bond powder stopped it cold. Cheap and easy fix.

However, like Uomograsso said, if you can get a doctor to document these rashes, sometimes you can get insurance to cover a panniculectomy.

On 01/04/2020 at 07:45, JRT Mom said:

Gold Bond. Gold Bond. Gold Bond.

Use this liberally and you won't have trouble. I would get a weeping rash under my pannus, but the Gold Bond powder stopped it cold. Cheap and easy fix.

However, like Uomograsso said, if you can get a doctor to document these rashes, sometimes you can get insurance to cover a panniculectomy.

Thanks for the suggestion! I purchased some on Monday and right away after applying it helped a lot and haven’t had any problems 😊

I actually use the itching as a gauge that I have put on weight. The creases are not under my belly but between the fold of my belly’s that meet at my belly button. I use Vaseline and eat very lite for a week and it goes away.