Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I don't really ever cheat. Aside from a few mozzarella sticks, I've stuck to the plan. Yes, I've gotten dumping A LOT because stuff on the "plan" isn't always Kosher for my particular tummy.

But today. Today I set myself for failure on purpose. I ate a shortbread cookie, a ferrero rocher, and a cordial cherry. At the same time. Yes. The epitome of all that is sugar and anti-WLS. I warned my coworkers that in 20 minutes I would be dying. I knew it would happen. I did it anyway.

It only took 10 minutes. I spent half an hour in the work bathroom foaming and dry-heaving. I dry-heaved so much snot up my nose started to bleed... profusely. I was hot. I had heart palpitations. I couldn't speak for an hour.

It wasn't worth it. LOL. But damn the "normies" have it good being able to enjoy those treats without weight issues or dying in workplace restrooms.

And no. No plans for a repeat ever again. So that's my contribution to the cheat thread. Except this cheat was a big one with consequences of suffering. lol.

Don't cheat, kids.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

God bless RNY negative reinforcement tools. Evil yet effective.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

wanted to say hurts doughnut lol i think we all have done it once

Oh, I almost wish my stomach would revolt in the same way if I misbehave and eat too many sweets. I am afraid I am not getting the same kind of re-reinforcement to skip the crap I know I shouldn't eat. But then again... I know that had to have been miserable!

I was able to eat an entire regular chocolate bar (full sugar and fat) after about nine months at the start of maintenance with no ill effects. I almost wish I had had a strong reaction. However, the guilt I felt kept me from ever doing it again!

So what was the point of that.lol

4 hours ago, Superman84 said:

So what was the point of that.lol

To have a very brief moment of Christmas delight and then a stark reminder as to why sugar is bad. Sometimes a kick in the gut is necessary to get rid of stupid decision-making.

Ugh, so sorry. I have had small cheats here and there and been fine which i view as good and bad. . I don't want to push it eating a large amount of sweets for fear of getting ill. Have you tried alcohol? Not that I am encouraging that, just curious if you tolerated it since you didn't tolerate the sweets. I haven't and don't plan to anytime soon but someday would like to enjoy a half a glass of wine twice a year.

Are you back to eating your normal meals post surgery?

5 hours ago, 2Bsmaller18 said:

Ugh, so sorry. I have had small cheats here and there and been fine which i view as good and bad. . I don't want to push it eating a large amount of sweets for fear of getting ill. Have you tried alcohol? Not that I am encouraging that, just curious if you tolerated it since you didn't tolerate the sweets. I haven't and don't plan to anytime soon but someday would like to enjoy a half a glass of wine twice a year.

Are you back to eating your normal meals post surgery?

Yes, I drink very rarely. Beer is irritating to my stomach. I drink straight vodka only. I imagine wine would be sugary... The vodka is fine - I get the smoother, more expensive stuff to lessen the burn. lol. I've drank about 5 times maybe.
I'm not sure what you mean by normal meals. I eat a larger quantity of food, but still a very limited selection - with the exception of yesterday's cookie exploration. lol. I am actually about to do a reset and go back to soft, bland foods for a while because I think I have an ulcer.

7 hours ago, mousecat88 said:

Yes, I drink very rarely. Beer is irritating to my stomach. I drink straight vodka only. I imagine wine would be sugary... The vodka is fine - I get the smoother, more expensive stuff to lessen the burn. lol. I've drank about 5 times maybe.
I'm not sure what you mean by normal meals. I eat a larger quantity of food, but still a very limited selection - with the exception of yesterday's cookie exploration. lol. I am actually about to do a reset and go back to soft, bland foods for a while because I think I have an ulcer.

I meant if you were back to your "normal" meals post plastic surgery. I didn't know if you lost weight from surgery alone or less calories etc.

I hope you don't have an ulcer, fingers crossed.

On 12/20/2019 at 11:48 PM, 2Bsmaller18 said:

I meant if you were back to your "normal" meals post plastic surgery. I didn't know if you lost weight from surgery alone or less calories etc.

I hope you don't have an ulcer, fingers crossed.

Ohhh. Yeah I was eating normal meals right after plastic surgery anyways. I've been taking Carafate and Prilosec the last few days. And trying to stay away from anything spicy.