Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just curious. I think I passed a couple of kidney stones in the last 24hrs..

Going to the toilet and you feel it coming out (the men will understand)

I'm pretty sure it was a kidney stone little black speck in the toilet.

My question is there any problems with passing these stones?

I didn't even know until I went to the toilet and felt the sensation..

Is there a reason for these stones?

Is there something I need to do or change?

I hope there's no problems?

RNY POST OP

I would see a urologist.

Consider yourself lucky that you didn’t have a full blown attack. They must have been small and smooth enough to pass through the kidneys and ureters.

I speak from experience. Get into the urologist. They will probably a test to see if your kidneys have stones in there.

It will also help for them to do a urine test to see if you are bleeding due to the stones moving down and out.

Hope this one was one time deal. Be well.

Oh and advice is to drink Water and some say cranberry juice helps but I would leave that to the doctor.

Too bad you weren’t able to strain/collect since you didn’t know. By testing the stone they can tell which type it is...calcium or irate. That gives a better idea of diet modification if needed.

Call your surgeon and PCP. You need to be followed up on this. ((hugs)) Did it hurt?

Hey Mikey I posted about this a few months back I had one 4 weeks after the surgery. I had a previous attack the past year. For me it was being dehydrated which we as WLS patients already have to be extra careful about. I had to urinate into a strainer and I had a 2mm stone pass. While the whole experience was not as bad as others make it out to be the worst part was not being able to pss for 24+ hours. Kidney pain closely resembles stomach pain but I had the stones in the year past so I was able to tell the difference.

Happy to share any more specifics you may have.

I recently read somewhere that too much Protein ( especially the shakes and powder) can cause stones.

If I see it again I will post a link. I agree that you need to see urologist to be safe.

I have 2 children and 6 years ago I had a stone and I will attest it was more painful than child birth! I suddenly had pain and bloody urine. Went straight to the ER and during the CT scan they found an 8 mm stone in my left kidney and a 4 mm in my right kidney. The left was way to big to pass on it's own so I went in that they broke it up ultra sonic waves ( Lithotripsy)

My husband had 9 in the two months following his sleeve and then they started him on taking a few things To help dissolve them and they do ultrasounds periodically to watch his kidneys he’s got 7 in there now at 5 mo out. Some people’s bodies just don’t take well to the high Protein diet.

My hub has had them. Extremely painful! His urine needed to be strained and they do test the stones to figure out what stared them. His was Tea. He normally drinks unsweetened iced tea. At the time this happened he was heavy into green tea. Everyone is different and a urologist is the best place to go. Glad it passed for you without problems. My dad was hospitalized with one last summer that needed to be broken down too.

You need to see a urologist. I have kidney stones and have passed small one with no issues. I had a large one, 8 mm. It caused nausea, vomiting and intense localized pain. Hydrocodone worked for the pain and zofran for nausea. Good thing is once it leaves the kidney there should be little to no pain, unless it causes a blockage. More than likely you will have a CT scan or X-ray. I had to do a 24 hour urine test where you pee in a jug to catch your urine for 24 hours to be analyzed to see what is causing the stones and adjust your diet from there. One thing is to add 4 0z of lemon juice to Water during the day. Citrate in lemon juice will help prevent formation of stones. But lemon juice is not a substitute for a good urologist.

I agree with above poster. My husband has had a very large stone. Urologist told him to add lemon to everything that he drinks to avoid having more. That was 15 years ago. No more since.

Protein can cause too much or too little ( can’t recall) Uric acid. That is how stones form with too much protein in the diet.

Edited by Losingit2018

No pain at all just a little Sensation when going to toilet..

No pain at all just a little Sensation when going to toilet..

Your damned lucky it didn't hurt. I've bent the hospitals S.S. side rails inward before from the pain. I asked the nurse to just shoot me. It sucks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using BariatricPal mobile app