Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Dates

I got banded Jan 8th! YIPEE! I stayed overnight and did just fine. I did get a little sick to my stomach as I got up the first 3 times to go to the bathroom, but it eased up during the night. The air in the body is my most complant. It's in the left shoulder and driving me nuts. My port area is sore and my dr put 2 cc's in it for restriction already, and my throat is sore from the tube. Other than that I'm rather amazed at how good I feel. I'm so amazed at how I'm not hungry. I've lost 12lbs since the preop started on Dec. 26th. Good luck to all. Felicia:clap2:

Banded on Jan 09 Yesterday, and I am back home and doing just fine. Some tummy soreness, but nothing else. The gas is coming out own its own, and no complications at all. The staff at Barix is outstanding and ... it was cerainly a good experience for me.

RED TULIP, You back yet? I am home and other than for a little soreness in the tummy I am doing good. Sleepy though, because I did not sleep at wink all night, they keep you moving and breathing.. Glad to be back in my house..:-)

I went for the pre-testing yesterday and everything is a go for the 23 of Jan. I went shopping for food today and got most of what I will be able to have afterwards...it looks like a lot of food lol...but it wasn't bad just seemed like I went to the food store for the first time...had to look and search for the right things to have in the house...Had a friend go with me to check everything (she also had bypass)I am being banded....we don't have pre op diet...but I am following the one in my Bible (book given to us yesterday) class This way I will be ready for it...doing as told I called Holland and checked with them there about the chewable Vit. I found and everything was good! Doing the breathing exercises. Now all I need to do is my homework from my night classesMy teachers are great and very understanding about my surgery. Willing to work with me I should only miss a week of classes (maybe only one class)I want to be in class I have 5 days between surgery and the next set of classes...any suggestions on how to relax? I am scared but excited...~WhirlWinds~

I hope everyone is doing good from past days of surgeries...and a very big HOPE everything turns out for those tomarrow surgeries...

whirlwinds--relax is the optimal word. Barix is so technical and tight, they have this down to a science. The scary part for me was 5 minutes before they were to wheel me in. The surgeon, anethesiologist, nurses, and my family were all summons and the final prayer prayed, all was well except for a little nervous, but they have some wonderful stuff to give you in that IV bag that will make the journey very easy. Today I m banded and at home. You will do just fine.

Hello CJV! Well that is very good to know! I had a hard time going to sleep last night...My husband is going to go away for 10 days and the dog too...I am not so good under stress and to give them a break I have givien them a mini vaction...I let the flooring job good til Fall and instead gave them both some pamper time..I do have a neighbor who has had the bypass done and is almost a year out...she has stepped up and will be here to help me through it..we walk together share ideas and food when we make large meals...Buddies is what I call it..we encourage each other...well I need to get some sleep 4 hours is not enought for me...have a Great night all and you too CJV

UPDATED LIST

Dec 31- Chrisann (honorary member of the Jan 08 bandsters)

Jan 1- HAPPY NEW YEARS! Starting the year off right!

Jan 2- phowell, Megmarie21, Gingerbug(Victoria), jengland, racetrackweary, rainbowme2(Bunny), RT (Brisbane), jojokitty

Jan 3-WOWOX7, Woodsy,momto3, Mommamare(NJ), nancy52,AnneElliot, ovahkummer

Jan 4- KUgirl, steviegene, SuzanneG, Songinmysoul, sleclerc (shirley), WendyRae

Jan 5- texasbandster

Jan 6

Jan 7- CallmeJim, comepickmeup, NukeChik, mamato3, kintime, Shell, destined2befree, babedoe4

Jan 8- Fat&thrifty(and husband Joe), itz me, faa31, crackedpepper, flipbarnett, Joanna240, rustymarie, gingydilly

Jan 9– Redtulips3, FLMan, TachaBaby505, Lillyanne_M

Jan 10- luvsrocks, Hilary, Jen25bl, jtag10_4, Char1007, Pizzaman citygirl4616

Jan 11- brez1015, Tmusicmaker123, Poopsie, Ready2JustDoIt, B-Man

Jan 12- jen6740

Jan 13

Jan 14- CoreynVA, acalpn, srbanker(Suzanne), grayl, cnukaya, Jessthat, Deedle, thinner-or-bust, gilliebean, greeniiii, mitch, WestCoastFatGuy, SMR100

Jan 15- Travelology (Mexico), Dianegoe, poodlecamper, LKM, greeneyez

Jan 16- Kathy-CA. Saleel --Australia, back2reality, Cherry_Blue, Dazzle, nadean, with his help, Laurinda; Pikedafe-Michigan, Ms.Toya

Jan 17- SJK, Alfie, L.A., lwood, tweenwaters, Laurieloo, kcintx,mia31771

Jan 18- RuthE?, shanarene

Jan 19

Jan 20

Jan 21- mo7293 (Maureen), graham, lee41

Jan 22- purplegoddess, DPJDMOM, bcgates

Jan 23- min, Ang1982 (Angela) Tigger_Shorty (Rose), WhirlWinds

Jan 24- holleyhobby,jst4kel,kimmycrs, Somogyi1(Agnes - Ottawa), rakes4321

Jan 25- Noni(Mary), htay73il (Hope), Thor, rakes4321(Amy)

Jan 26- Louise (London)

Jan 27

Jan 28- kawanabear(Kalonda), crystalcml, blg200200, justtjohn, PeachesPJ

Jan 29- diane-south fla

Jan 30- PortuguesePrincess(Stephanie),Amberwaves(Amber), Tamika(taismommy)clap2.gif

Jan 31- SarahT1982, lkgrubb, sexymama

UPDATED LIST

Jan 2- phowell, Megmarie21, Gingerbug(Victoria), jengland, racetrackweary, rainbowme2(Bunny), RT (Brisbane), jojokitty

Jan 5- texasbandster

Jan 6

Jan 7- CallmeJim, comepickmeup, NukeChik, mamato3, kintime, Shell, destined2befree, babedoe4

Jan 8- Fat&thrifty(and husband Joe), itz me, faa31, crackedpepper, flipbarnett, Joanna240, rustymarie, gingydilly

Jan 11- brez1015, Tmusicmaker123, Poopsie, Ready2JustDoIt, B-Man, Ms.BearKat11 (Lauren)

Jan 12- jen6740

Jan 13

Jan 14- CoreynVA, acalpn, srbanker(Suzanne), grayl, cnukaya, Jessthat, Deedle, thinner-or-bust, gilliebean, greeniiii, mitch, WestCoastFatGuy, SMR100

Jan 16- Kathy-CA. Saleel --Australia, back2reality, Cherry_Blue, Dazzle, nadean, with his help, Laurinda; Pikedafe-Michigan, Ms.Toya

Jan 19

Jan 20

Jan 26- Louise (London)

Jan 27

Jan 29- diane-south fla

Jan 30- PortuguesePrincess(Stephanie),Amberwaves(Amber), Tamika(taismommy)clap2.gif

UPDATED LIST

Jan 5- texasbandster

Jan 6

Jan 7- CallmeJim, comepickmeup, NukeChik, mamato3, kintime, Shell, destined2befree, babedoe4, ch4251

Jan 11- brez1015, Tmusicmaker123, Poopsie, Ready2JustDoIt, B-Man, Ms.BearKat11 (Lauren)

Jan 12- jen6740

Jan 13

Jan 19

Jan 20

Jan 26- Louise (London)

Jan 27

Jan 29- diane-south fla

Good luck to all being done on the 14th.

CoreynVA, acalpn, srbanker(Suzanne), grayl, cnukaya, Jessthat, Deedle, thinner-or-bust, gilliebean, greeniiii, mitch, WestCoastFatGuy

Hope every thing goes smoothly for you all.

Saleel22