Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why is CHICKEN So HARD TO EAT?

:hungry:So I can eat an entire 10 piece Sushi Roll Plate and yet a teaspoon size of chicken breast, thoroughly chewed, hurts like hell! It is the One Thing (besides bread/pizza) that I just can't eat. Anyone Else have "THE CHICKEN EFFECT?":help:

I am not sure if I need another fill, losing slowly, because I get BaD AWfuL restriction with the chicken, (even Slimed!) and am fuller longer, but then randomly can eat a plate of rice laden sushi? :faint:

It seems kinda random sometimes, what I can and can't eat. One day, a Protein Drink of Chicken Soup powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury will fill me for hours, and another, a small dish of potato salad and I will still be hungry as a dog (must be the carbs).

Thanks for everyone's help here - I have learned so much that I didn't learn from my doctor - I am going to SLOW DOWN and CHEW MORE, POUND Water and BE PATIENT. I think. Well, that's the plan... :(

If you can find them where you are ... try the packages of Butterball grilled chicken breast strips. I find that they are tender & juicy, easy to eat ... also good with salsa, ketchup, or whatever sauce to help it go down easier. :biggrin1:

Wow you can eat sushi???? That is the very first thing that got stuck for me and caused me to have my first PB. And living in Hawaii, sushi is all over the place and at every gathering. But it hurt enough that first time, that it will be awhile before I try it again. Some chicken is hard for me, but the chicken salad made from rotisserie chicken at costco goes down reeeallllll smooth. Yum

maybe it was all the low sodium soy and wasabi I soaked it in. Who knows. One day I can do something, the next day. gaaaggghhhh!

I am longing for hawaii. Cold as a witches ) here in Virginia.

I was just going to post the same chicken question...I don't know why but I can't really eat any poultry. I just ate two bites and got REALLY ill, it all came back up, YUCK!

Poultry is a good low fat/cat- high Protein food so it stinks I can't eat it...

Good luck to everyone during the holidays.

I can identify! Thank god I love Lite Tofu - I cube it and toss it with really fun saues like soy Ginger, or Szechuan spicy stir fry sauce. A whole box is only about 300 calories, which doesn't suck.

BlooEyez' idea of using chicken strips sounds like a good one - I am gonna try that for sure.

It's a shame cause my beloved husband eats chicken every night - I think it is because he enjoy the excitement of grilling (and standing outside and drinking a beer, hahahhaha)

At least i don't have to worry about him getting into my food.

:hungry:So I can eat an entire 10 piece Sushi Roll Plate and yet a teaspoon size of chicken breast, thoroughly chewed, hurts like hell! It is the One Thing (besides bread/pizza) that I just can't eat. Anyone Else have "THE chicken EFFECT?":help:

I am not sure if I need another fill, losing slowly, because I get BaD AWfuL restriction with the chicken, (even Slimed!) and am fuller longer, but then randomly can eat a plate of rice laden sushi? :faint:

It seems kinda random sometimes, what I can and can't eat. One day, a Protein drink of Chicken Soup unjury will fill me for hours, and another, a small dish of potato salad and I will still be hungry as a dog (must be the carbs).

Thanks for everyone's help here - I have learned so much that I didn't learn from my doctor - I am going to SLOW DOWN and CHEW MORE, POUND Water and BE PATIENT. I think. Well, that's the plan... :)

Banded 1.5 years, and chicken is still a issue for me. I will only eat the thigh, and in small bites. I started eating at 11:00 am, and I will be finished with it around 12:00 noon; otherwise the pain is not worth eating chicken. The sad part is, it never hurt before, so why now? The band is at the bottom of our

esophagus, so why does certain foods hurt doing down? I could be wrong, but I think we now have two restrictions, the band and the length of our esophagus. Try eating dark meat, then take smaller bites, and take the entire hour to eat if you need to. Good luck. LadyK

So far chicken has been fairly easy for me, except when I've tried too big of a bite. I can eat Chicken with Garlic Sauce from my local Chinese place, broccoli and all no problem. If I even try one forkful of rice though, I'll PB very soon. So far, rice is the only thing I've tried which has made me PB. Chicken has given me that chest pain feeling, but it has never reversed course.

So far chicken has been fairly easy for me, except when I've tried too big of a bite. I can eat chicken with Garlic Sauce from my local Chinese place, broccoli and all no problem. If I even try one forkful of rice though, I'll PB very soon. So far, rice is the only thing I've tried which has made me PB. Chicken has given me that chest pain feeling, but it has never reversed course.

That's hilarious! "Reversed Course" I love it!

It is so weird, I can eat a whole bag of steamed veggies, but 1 teaspoon of chicken and I am in dreadful pain. It doesn't "reverse course" just hurts like hell. Anyway, thanks for the laugh - too funny.

I go for another adjustment tomorrow so I know it will be mushy's for a week - I'm a sweller! hahhahaha