Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! In Terrible Need of Positive Vibes

On 11/13/2019 at 5:57 PM, Dances with Carbs said:

So I have been choosing things to do with my friends that dont revolve around food. Bowling, golf, movies, meeting for a coffee. Its been difficult but if I invite them to do things preemptively without involving food, it helps me not gather around the food table. As friends, we have to learn to bond over something else other than food. If you are as important to them as they are to you then they will eagerly meet you half way. I hope everything works out for you.

That's awesome you're able to do that. I think what's sad is that in my area, we used to have a lot of non-food related activities to do such as multiple bowling alleys, glow in the dark putt putt and places to take fun classes like painting, etc. A lot of those places closed and were (gasps!) replaced by places to eat. It's crazy! It' no wonder how so much of America struggles with their weight. We need to establish AND ENCOURAGE more non-food related activities.

I also think it's sad that, according to a recent article I read, America is becoming more and more solitary and secluded. People just don't go out and do things with each other like they used to. They'd rather order fast food and stay in to watch streaming channels. Lol, obviously nothing wrong with streaming channels but it's sad it seems society isn't giving people other options. Have you ever noticed hardly anyone has any hobbies anymore?

There's also a lot of studies correlating lack of socializing to increased mental and physical health problems.

Anyways....thank you for your reply! :)

Stay strong! Focus on your better health and better things to come for you! Try using some mindful meditation. Kepp praising yourself daily for all your hard work and accomplishments!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches