Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Conversion of Sleeve to Bypass

Hi:)

I had the gastric sleeve is 2012. Great success! I went from 353 to 167. Maintained weight till 2015 when we lost our baby boy. Four months after lose I became pregnant. Our rainbow was born 2016. A week after her turned one, I found out we were expecting again. Brings me to 2019 I have three beautiful kids and I weigh 363lbs :(

On 10/16/19 I had my sleeve converted to gastric bypass. Recovery is definitely rougher than the sleeve but hanging in there. From my pre-op diet and the first two weeks postop I now weigh 334.

was just reaching out to see if anyone could share their success stories as I so badly want to be healthy again and lose all this excess weight.

thanks so much

So far the sleeve is doing it for me -

I did my sleeve for my kids! Just get healthy and happy you have a gaggle of little ones that need you!

I also would have your husband get surgery, Not sleeve by Fixed! Tell him i did it was a breeze, awkward but easy

Congratulations on the success of your sleeve! I too, did this for my children!
haha that’s funny you say that because the first thing I said was when I have surgery your getting fixed! He was a 100% on board!

I had the band first and it eroded into my stomach, so had to have that removed and I gained back my weight plus some. Then I had a gastric bypass in 2012. Pre-surgery weight 321, now 165, low 155 after breastfeeding My youngest of four kids in 2014. The recovery is a lot harder, but well worth it. You have to keep up with your Vitamins and Protein, but it was the best thing that I could have done. Because if you eat sugar, YOU WILL BE SORRY. And then you just don’t really want it anymore. With the sleeve, you don’t have any of the eversions to sweets and with me I couldn’t drink milk, so no ice cream or yogurt which has a lot of sugar anyway so it helps in lots of ways to FORCE YOURSELF and it’s impossible to cheat unless you want to feel COMPLETELY MISERABLE for a taste of a candy bar. It’s not worth it so you don’t eat it. You will be back to that 167 in no time!! Especially with the three kids to keep you busy.

Edited by Puppylvr

8 minutes ago, Puppylvr said:

I had the band first and it eroded into my stomach, so had to have that removed and I gained back my weight plus some. Then I had a gastric bypass in 2012. Pre-surgery weight 321, now 165, low 155 after breastfeeding My youngest of four kids in 2014. The recovery is a lot harder, but well worth it. You have to keep up with your Vitamins and Protein, but it was the best thing that I could have done. Because if you eat sugar, YOU WILL BE SORRY. And then you just don’t really want it anymore. With the sleeve, you don’t have any of the eversions to sweets and with me I couldn’t drink milk, so no ice cream or yogurt which has a lot of sugar anyway so it helps in lots of ways to FORCE YOURSELF and it’s impossible to cheat unless you want to feel COMPLETELY MISERABLE for a taste of a candy bar. It’s not worth it so you don’t eat it. You will be back to that 167 in no time!! Especially with the three kids to keep you busy.

Thank you so so much! I needed to hear this today! Congratulations on all your success!!

I had a VSG in 2012, lost a baby in 2016, then struggled with secondary infertility for 3 years, got pregnant in 2019, ended up needing emergency surgery and thus had a miscarriage, got pregnant again in July 2019 and my rainbow baby boy was born in March 2020.... during a pandemic!

So needless to say I too hve gained my weight back. I am just now starting the process to get a revision. I have bad reflux as well.