Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I’m a week post op (VSG) still on liquids, Soup, Jello, and pudding and I messed up big time! I ate a Hawaiian roll twice over 3 days. I didn’t have any reactions but I’m worried about long terms consequences for what I’ve done. Any know what effect bread could have? And note, I don’t plan on doing it again so I’m not looking for “if it’s ok to eat bread”. Just worried I threw all my hard work away and may have damaged the sleeve for the future.

Unless you are experiencing pain or something out of the ordinary (barfing/pooping lots/not pooping at all, etc), you should be fine. Just learn your lesson, dust yourself off and start fresh. You will be successful if you stick to your plan. You may not if you don’t. Good luck!

P.S. if you are really, really, worried, check in with your team ❤️

Well, first, forgive yourself. It's unlikely that you messed anything up. But PLEASE call someone, like your dietician or a therapist, and come up with a plan to help you avoid doing it again. If you KEEP going off plan you may really mess things up for yourself. Not trying to be a jerk at all. I hope you get help and succeed!

I'm not sure if you caused any harm physically or not, but going off your plan just a week after surgery is worrisome on the mental side. You really have to be in the right frame of mind to be successful with this surgery. I'm sure all of us "cheat" at some point, but at only a week out? This journey is going to take a TON of work and resolve if you want to be successful. Hard work. If you're not working with a therapist, you might want to add one to your team.

Reiterating some of the others on this thread, I'm not meaning to be a jerk, but please do yourself the favor of talking to your nutritionist or your therapist about what drew you to deviate from your program and strategising what you can do in the future to not fall for that temptation. Continual or regular "cheating" will derail all your hard work up to this point.

The forums here are great for advice and strategies that can help. We're all on this WLS journey together and each member makes us stronger. Remember you are one of those members now. We've got your back, lean on us when you feel the urge to cheat.

Blessings.

Im amazed you were able to keep it down - Im out 6 months and will tose up a roll or hotdog bun with ease - I doubt you did in long term damage,

16 minutes ago, Machalo said:

The forums here are great for advice and strategies that can help. We're all on this WLS journey together and each member makes us stronger. Remember you are one of those members now. We've got your back, lean on us when you feel the urge to cheat.

Like stated above its a journey and there is some big ass bumps in the road - we all have been there

Doesnt pay to repeat what others have said. Just be mindful.. mindful being the key word. this new journey is all a mind set and your mind can really be devious at times. my concern at this point would be your mind telling you that you have done it once and it didnt hurt so why not do it again. the problem with that is that is what led us all to having the surgery. i am not going to say i never ate a piece of chocolate or a handful of chex mix, or even a bite or two of bread.. but i keep it controlled and limit myself.. its my mind that knows i could revert at any moment and my mind that will throw the bread away after a bite.. or not have a huge bag of candy in the house or whatnot.. sure there are food police, but that just brings people down and what you need right now is to be lifted up.. not encouraging, but try to focus on why you did the surgery to begin with before you eat the whole next roll or something.