Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Worst Fat Day EVER!

Thanks to all of you for your comments on my vocals and singing. I cannot wait to get small enough to get back on stage and perform. I have not done a performance for over 8 years. I miss my singing career and I miss not being able to use my talent because I am too out of breath to stand on stage for more than 5 minutes. My new song is being released in March of 2008, it is called "Viva La Diva". You can hear a sample of it on my myspace site, the link is in my signature. I will make sure any of you that want a copy of the CD will get a signed copy for free.

yea... put me on the list too! that is great energy music! pretty soon we will all be on the road to better health and stamina!

I just had my sleep apnea test last night and it looks like I have it. Grrrr, I do not want to wear one of those ridiculous things on my face.

I just had my sleep apnea test last night and it looks like I have it. Grrrr, I do not want to wear one of those ridiculous things on my face.

I know, I didn't either, and when my approval came, it happened so fast I hadn't been fitted for one yet and would only have had it about 3 nights before my surgery.

As those who were around in August know, the anesthesiologist stop me outside the OR the first date, put me out and then stopped the surgery the second date and finally, after kicking him off the team and getting a new anesthesiologist we did surgery on the third try.

BUT -- I said all of that to say, one of the reasons he didn't want to do my surgery is because my test showed I did have apnea, yet I hadn't been sleeping with a CPAP.

And ultimately -- forget the surgeon, forget the insurance -- the man with the POWER is that flippin' anesthesiologist!!!

Ennywayze....I would LOVE to have a copy of your CD. What do I need to do to get one??

Oh Mona! Thanks for sharing your story. I so feel for you. I had a chair collapse under me at DH's parent's house on Easter when he and I were dating and I so just wanted the earth to open up and swallow me!! I can laugh about it now, but only because I am MUCH more careful where I park my big @ss! I am so loking forward to the day when I can sit anywhere I want, stand/walk as long as I want, and not be a slave to my weight any longer!!!

Good luck to you and thanks to for sharing your myspace!! I will be requesting to be your "friend" later today when I get home and would LOVE a copy of that CD!

What a day! I am not sure you will ever look back and laugh but it will become a distant memory- one you will look back on and remind yourself why you spent so much money and went through the pain of having the surgery! My oldest daughter is pregnant and her sister had not seen her yet so I asked her if she wanted to see a photo of her pregnant sis. As I was scrolliing through my computer photo file looking for the picture I passed my "before" shots. My daughter was looking over my shoulder and when that picture came up she said.......ohmygosh is THAT Melissa she is SO big!!!!!! I think it embarrassed her when she realized what the picture was and to tell you the truth I would have been in my bed crying for the rest of the day had I not had the surgery and already lost 53 lbs! I feel your pain my friend!

Mona first off, let me say Congrats on the 11lb lose so far. Not to mention you are one beautiful lady. You pic is beautiful!!! I am so sorry about your experience. I just want to prepare you for the post surgery blues. After you get your band and before your first fill you might gain some weight back! DON'T be discouraged!! After your first fill the weight will start comming off! I know for me when I started gaining weight back I started regretting the band, plus my weight is comming off very SLOWLY, but hey, IT IS COMMING OFF!!! It is perfectly normal to get depressed after the surgery but you will make it and the weight will start comming off. Take advantage of Wassa she is a wonderful motivator and I am sure she will help you thru your band blues. Plus you might go thru a phase where you don't want to come to this site, come anyways it will keep you on track and help thru the adjustment period. Anyways, you won't really know what I am talking about until after you are banded but keep this in mind so you know what to expect!! Now, I am off to hear your famous voice! I am sure I will want to have a cd as well, I have read nothing but raves on it so I am super curious!! Good luck!!

Thanks everyone so much for the wonderful compliments on my voice. My CD is not ready yet, however it will be available in March of 2008. For now, you can listen to it on MySpace.com - Mone - Everywhere - House / Club / Soul - www.myspace.com/divaofsongs or Mone DIVA OF SONGS.

By the way, thanks to all of you for the compliments on my pictures, as you can see, they are all head shots. I would not dare put anything lower than my neck in the shots and I had to cock my head out like an ostrich to get rid of the double chin that so ungraciously sits above my neck (or what used to be a neck before it all just came together as one big roll from my chin to my chest! :heh:)

I will keep everyone posted. I will also give a free download of my new song to any member here that wants one.

Mona,

My husband has had sleep apnea for 20 years, although he would never admit it. I started sleeping in the guest room because he would snore and gasp for breath so loudly that I was awake all night, plus I was sleepless imagining what it was doing to him. He was banded 7 weeks ago, and I happened to wake up in the middle of the night and suddenly realized I couldn't hear anything from him. He has lost enough weight with his pre-op diet and since surgery that he doesn't snore anymore.We are both very happy.

Mona,

My husband has had sleep apnea for 20 years, although he would never admit it. I started sleeping in the guest room because he would snore and gasp for breath so loudly that I was awake all night, plus I was sleepless imagining what it was doing to him. He was banded 7 weeks ago, and I happened to wake up in the middle of the night and suddenly realized I couldn't hear anything from him. He has lost enough weight with his pre-op diet and since surgery that he doesn't snore anymore.We are both very happy.

That's great news! I hope the same happens for me. It had to be scary to hear that from the man you love. The best to you and your husband.

Airplane and bus bathrooms are just too small - period!! I don't know how anyone at any weight fits into them. And try changing a toddler on an airplane bathroom change table - yeah, right - even my baby didn't fit!

Here's my fat horror story. Me and dh were walking one day for exercise a few years ago and some punka** kids were walking by, looked at me, and one of them sang, "Lowered expectations." I can't remember what TV show that's from - but that song intro belonged to a scene where a large man and woman were walking along a beach. I didn't realize what they meant for a minute, and then I cried all the way home - about 2 miles!! It was so awful.

Missmonaaz, you're a talented, beautiful woman, and if you've got this much confidence radiating from you now, then look out world when you lose the weight you want to go back to singing. I can't wait to see it! Is there a city you usually perform at? You'll have to let us all know.