Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks but no thanks

Why does everyone feel like they have to offer me food ....I'm a grown woman and I'm not 5yrs old....I understand that they are just being nice...but if I am hungry I will eat😐 I will sit over here and enjoy my Protein Shake and tuna salad.

Its hard enough dodging the office cupcakes and donuts...lol

Ok I'm done-

LOL same! It's usually people that aren't that close to me and don't know about my surgery. They'll be like FINISH YOUR food or eat this and eat that. If I say that I can't because I'm on a diet they'll keep nagging and telling me to take a break and forget about my diet for they day. Even if I did want to listen to them, I cant! ALL THAT FOOD WON'T FIT! but they don't know that so to a lot of people i'm the diet freak that won't even eat half a bagel 🤦‍♀️ oh well...

Hahaha poor you can't eat like a pig anymore (sarcasm)

... You finally did something good and now people want you to be bad.. Let them gorge on their food while you enjoy every little bite (

20 hours ago, funky_monkey800 said:

Its hard enough dodging the office cupcakes and donuts...lol

@funky_monkey800

nice to see you again☺️

a couple of OP have also offered me "extra" food - esp. goodies. Some peep might think their

being nice by pushing the food. not true, but their thoughts

Orrrrr, some people want YOU to eat because they are heavy - and they want company with

their eating

hope all is well bud

kathy

12 minutes ago, ProudGrammy said:

@funky_monkey800

nice to see you again☺️

a couple of OP have also offered me "extra" food - esp. goodies. Some peep might think their

being nice by pushing the food. not true, but their thoughts

Orrrrr, some people want YOU to eat because they are heavy - and they want company with

their eating

hope all is well bud

kathy

Good to see you are out and about! It's been a while! Hope all is well in you neck of the woods!

20 hours ago, funky_monkey800 said:

Why does everyone feel like they have to offer me food ....I'm a grown woman and I'm not 5yrs old....

I understand that they are just being nice...

You already answered your own question. It's usually seen as polite to offer food. Unless you have the impression that people try to actively sabotage you it's nothing to rant about.

I often offer some food (ProudGrammy called it "goodies", lol) myself. I don't mind though if people decline. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, depending on what I offer and at what time of day.

As much as some people on here might not like it but "food" brings people together since people exist.

17 hours ago, summerset said:

You already answered your own question. It's usually seen as polite to offer food. Unless you have the impression that people try to actively sabotage you it's nothing to rant about.

I often offer some food (ProudGrammy called it "goodies", lol) myself. I don't mind though if people decline. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, depending on what I offer and at what time of day.

As much as some people on here might not like it but "food" brings people together since people exist.

I'm sure your right....its just annoying or maybe I'm just growing a bit bitter at my old age🤣