Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thread to keep myself accountable!

I had RNY WLS on 10.1.19 8AM so I am 4 days out. I want to document my journey in one thread to help keep me accountable along the way😀.

My stats:
Highest weight ever: 390
HW at WLS journey: 375
SW: 347
CW: 341

The first day of surgery was pretty rough for me due to nausea and pain. I am pretty sure it was just caused by anesthesia though since I have always been super sensitive to it. By day 2 at 10am I snapped out of it and the nausea stopped the pain was tolerable at that point. I have been able to get around pretty well now, way better than what I felt after my gallbladder surgery 6 months a ago. Still low energy and trying to eat has been weird right now. Just trying to stay hydrated. It is strange that is don’t feel full at all yet? I am not hungry but thought I would get a sensation of fullness that I have not experienced yet. I will post again in a few days!

Give your body time to adjust to the changes inside

good idea to do this thread, I'm going to do the same....

And I Just Bet 🐼333 and I will be THERE hoping and praying 🙏All Goes Well!

Hi guys! I had been feeling pretty good the last few days and all of a sudden today I went to Trader Joe’s with my husband and have been beat down since. My bowels hate me and have been cramping, tarry poops, gassy, it makes me fe like I am going to pass out when the cramping starts. I only had a half a Protein Shake and a couple tablespoons of yogurt today so I do not know what could have triggered this. Afraid to try and eat anything else now today but hungry... I stoped taking Narco pain meds yesterday - could this be withdrawal symptoms or did I just overdo it today? One of my incisions is super bruised and has an ugly green hue too.

On a positive note: I weighed in at 336.6 this morning. 10 lbs down since surgery last Tuesday (6days ago).

I'm having those tarry bms too...had to buy cottenelle flushable wipes........one thing I've discovered since my surgery on oct 1, is that I don't tolerate lactose well anymore.......makes me feel bad....so....i switched to soy as my nutritionist suggested and that has helped. I'm still doing greek yoghurt in small amounts.....It could be the surgery made you a bit lactose intolerant. I'm not a big vegan but there is a lot of info out there why we shouldn't eat cows milk.... I notice the diet the doctor gave me is so dairy focused so I asked for alternatives... I get enough dairy though my whey Protein need to avoid yogurt... is your lower left incision bruised? Mine is...I think that's where they do the most "work"

Congrats on your weight loss! I don't trust my scale so not sure where I am..plus I still think I have so many fluids. going to order a new scale.

19 minutes ago, Panda333 said:

I'm having those tarry bms too...had to buy cottenelle flushable wipes........one thing I've discovered since my surgery on oct 1, is that I don't tolerate lactose well anymore.......makes me feel bad....so....i switched to soy as my nutritionist suggested and that has helped. I'm still doing greek yoghurt in small amounts.....It could be the surgery made you a bit lactose intolerant. I'm not a big vegan but there is a lot of info out there why we shouldn't eat cows milk.... I notice the diet the doctor gave me is so dairy focused so I asked for alternatives... I get enough dairy though my whey Protein need to avoid yogurt... is your lower left incision bruised? Mine is...I think that's where they do the most "work"

Congrats on your weight loss! I don't trust my scale so not sure where I am..plus I still think I have so many fluids. going to order a new scale.

Thanks! I did not even think about the whey Protein may be tipping the scales on lactose. I will need to watch that as I was suspicious it is the Greek yogurt that triggered my bowels to get out of control today. Finally under control again.

It is my left incision that is so bruised! I did email the doctor and they responded that green/yellow is on the mending side at least. They would be worried if my stool is true lily tarry because they definitely do not want blood in the stool but they do not think that is what it is.

I am cuddled up to the heating pad and hope tomorrow i do not have a repeat of today!

I wonder what the extra work is to cause this bruising it wraps around my entire side from that lower left incision?

Thanks!

Feeling a little frustrated about weight loss the the last few days😞. I am down to 333.6 lbs this morning. That is 13 lbs since surgery 12 days ago. Only lost 3 lbs in the last 7 days though so this is my problem. No loss in 3 days at all. I feel like I should be content with this loss but I am instead disappointed because I have started out so much heavier to begin with. I see others much smaller than me losing faster on here. I know I shouldn’t compare but how to stop that negative talk, I don’t know. How can I not be losing faster when I am over 300lbs and eating only 400-500 calories a day? Seriously, how is that even remotely possible?

16 hours ago, lingre said:

Feeling a little frustrated about weight loss the the last few days😞. I am down to 333.6 lbs this morning. That is 13 lbs since surgery 12 days ago. Only lost 3 lbs in the last 7 days though so this is my problem. No loss in 3 days at all. I feel like I should be content with this loss but I am instead disappointed because I have started out so much heavier to begin with. I see others much smaller than me losing faster on here. I know I shouldn’t compare but how to stop that negative talk, I don’t know. How can I not be losing faster when I am over 300lbs and eating only 400-500 calories a day? Seriously, how is that even remotely possible?

I totally get it @lingre but Don't be disappointed, I know it's hard but you are doing great. I had surgery on the same day as you and started above 300 lbs. I am only down 9 lbs since surgery. I was hoping to lose a lb a day. Would love to consistently lose 15 lbs a month. I'm also older and have pcos. But I hear you...we went through so much for the surgery and are ready to see results!!! 🙂

Take Care, Panda

18 hours ago, Panda333 said:

I totally get it @lingre but Don't be disappointed, I know it's hard but you are doing great. I had surgery on the same day as you and started above 300 lbs. I am only down 9 lbs since surgery. I was hoping to lose a lb a day. Would love to consistently lose 15 lbs a month. I'm also older and have pcos. But I hear you...we went through so much for the surgery and are ready to see results!!! 🙂

Take Care, Panda

Thank you Panda! You just made me feel so much better and I needed it. I have lost 13 lbs since surgery but literally only 1 lb lost in the last 7 days. Seems not possible but trying to stay the course. I know we have different programs but how many calories are you eating right now? I started to introduce purées the last few days and wondering if that increase in calories is causing this or not? I went from 400-500 to 600-800 calories when I started this next stage but wondering if that is too much? I cannot believe I am asking if 800 calories is too much - seriously! 😀

And Remember Folks, even if you're not dropping pounds willy- nilly You may still be losing inches all over your BODY- now that you have been Surgically Renovated your bodies are in a State of Remodeling- And like an Old Biplane, sometimes the ride is bumpy but it will have Fun Moments. Oh I remember worrying I was too old and too broke down to have success like all the younger chicks and dudes, was jealous of their final well- edited journey reels, forgetting I was still in a rewriting level. Well I am here to testify it WORKS- stay commited , think positive, be proud of what YOU DID FOR YOU- and things will smooth out if you give it and yourselves the chance. And Auntie Frustr8 will be over here cheering for you All!