Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 16 days post-op. I manage to get almost all of my fluids and my Protein every day which is great, but , I have noticed on days that I am more active I am extremely nauseous. I'm talking about just with things like light cleaning. I make sure I am sipping a lot while active because I know even in the past it doesn't take long for me to feel the need to gulp Water and I can't do that anymore so I don't think it's because of my Fluid intake.

Last night I started getting painful twinges in the vicinity of one of my incisions and where my drain was. I haven't had any pain in a week and I didn't do anything different to suddenly cause the pain. At times it's this intense twinge that takes my breath away, then it's gone till the next random time.

Anyone experiencing anything like these 2 things?

Hi you are only 2 weeks out from a big surgery (despite it being laparoscopic), it sounds to me like you might just be doing a little bit too much :)

Take it a little easier, with regular breaks, it takes 6 weeks for recovery and even then more healing will go on for a while longer :)

Just editing to say none of your wounds will even be healed yet, so if you are cleaning and bending etc you are straining the wounds inside so they will hurt. It's normal and pain is a sign that you need to stop doing whatever it is you are doing. Although by stop I don't mean lie on the sofa and do nothing I just mean your wounds are telling you that they aren't happy with how much you are doing. Normal for them to ache a bit at the end of the day, but def pull back a bit if you are getting sharp pains.

Edited by Bastian

Just now, Bastian said:

Hi you are only 2 weeks out from a big surgery (despite it being laparoscopic), it sounds to me like you might just be doing a little bit too much :)

Take it a little easier, with regular breaks, it takes 6 weeks for recovery and even then more healing will go on for a while longer :)

I feel like a lump on a log and like I am not doing very much at all, but you could be right. When I was doing light cleaning it really felt like I wasn't doing enough could just be my head playing the you're being lazy game on me and not taking into account that you're right 2 weeks ago I had major surgery. I think it was just that...ok a week no pain, hubby finally coming home last night (gone 3 months) and maybe I did over do it. I'll take a few more steps back which will be much easier to do now that he is home and see if that helps. Thank you!

no problem, I went to the shops yesterday, got half way down the 1st aisle felt hot sick and sweaty and went 'oh ok I'm not quite ready for this then!'

So I am even taking my own advice haha

During the first month I rode the electric carts bc I didn't have enough gas to walk the aisles. It was actually fun but now I am back to walking.