Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Missing food today

Husband is grilling a big steak and I've just fixed his baked potato for him, starting my second week of full liquids. Just missing food today.

Husband is grilling a big steak and I've just fixed his baked potato for him, starting my second week of full liquids. Just missing food today.
That feeling is so very normal. Hang in there. Push through the sadness and anger. Soon you will start to see the positive results of your decision and it will all be so very worth it. Ain't gonna lie though, I've had quite a few rough days emotionally over the past year of my journey. You've got this!

Hang in there! I feel your pain My neighbors are having a cookout....It is torture

Congrats on your journey, I understand. I made ribs for my family today. Luckily I don't have any cravings.

I feel like the first month was hell, but it will pass and you will start regular food and will feel much better! Hang in there!!💗

I feel your pain! 2 weeks after my surgery I had to make a full on Mexican meal for a party at our house. Enchalades, refried Beans, Spanish rice, tacos, and all the trimmings with chips/salsa. guacamole. chocolate brownies and ice cream. I obediently ate my little bowl of bone broth! This, too, shall pass! It really will. Just say to yourself, "I can't have it now, but I will be able to have it later." Your sacrifice now is sooooo worth it for your lifetime of health.

Happy i live alone sometimes don't have to worry about others eating around me

4 hours ago, Mikeyy said:

Happy i live alone sometimes don't have to worry about others eating around me

The first time I did this my husband traveled for work and I didn't realize how much easier it made it. Now he's cooking for himself, mostly, every night and last week he asked if I could sit with him for dinner. I told him no.

I am so feeling you on this. I was sleeved last Thursday and for some reason my fiancé has been on a super feeding frenzy ever since...he spent the night in the hospital with me with a box of KFC in tow. The first morning home I woke up to the smell of maple bacon and home fries then last night meatloaf, cornbread, fried whiting and a pot of collard greens with smoked neck bones...IT’S JUST HIM LOL. I almost drank a sip of the liquid but I was afraid of gas. I can’t tell if I’m getting hungry at this point or it’s my mind but I know I am feeling something. How long did it take for everyone’s hunger to return?

I had the surgery August 6. I never really lost my appetite but do feel sated quickly. I’m doing the premiere Protein, Soups, and Gelatin. It’s interesting not having “chewed” anything in over a week!

1 hour ago, LilMsInosent said:

I am so feeling you on this. I was sleeved last Thursday and for some reason my fiancé has been on a super feeding frenzy ever since...he spent the night in the hospital with me with a box of KFC in tow. The first morning home I woke up to the smell of maple bacon and home fries then last night meatloaf, cornbread, fried whiting and a pot of collard greens with smoked neck bones...IT’S JUST HIM LOL. I almost drank a sip of the liquid but I was afraid of gas. I can’t tell if I’m getting hungry at this point or it’s my mind but I know I am feeling something. How long did it take for everyone’s hunger to return?

It takes about 2 weeks for the hunger thing to pass. The third day was the worst. I told my husband to be mindful of me and when he does something that I think was mean spirited I spoke up. On day 4 I told him to go over and watch the grands as I was supposed to because I didn't want to be around the food. Well, he picked them up and two stuffed crust pizzas and brought them to the house. I almost lost my mind.

2 minutes ago, Sandra Nuelken said:

It takes about 2 weeks for the hunger thing to pass. The third day was the worst. I told my husband to be mindful of me and when he does something that I think was mean spirited I spoke up. On day 4 I told him to go over and watch the grands as I was supposed to because I didn't want to be around the food. Well, he picked them up and two stuffed crust pizzas and brought them to the house. I almost lost my mind.

Ah I'm sorry. I know this stage is so very hard! I went through the same thing. But, eventually it does pass and you can have a little bit of those things once in awhile.

I can eat 1 slice if pizza almost 6 months out now. I would not be able to eat more, but is enough to still feel satisfaction and still continue to lose.

Best wishes getting there!

I’m with you. I’m 4 weeks post surgery and am dying to chew/crunch something. I almost cried the other day because I’m so sick of liquids and purées. Crossing my fingers that after my checkup next week I can move to soft foods🙄. It’s going to get better.

These husbands need to be more respectful and not eat junk right in front of you.. If they gotta eat it take it to another room seriously!