Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍽️​​​​​​​ 🍽️​​​​​​​ What's on the Menu? 🍽️​​​​​​​ 🍽️​​​​​​​

A thread for us to share our daily menus!

To help keep things in perspective for everyone, let's try to note our height & weight (or BMI), gender, weight-status & how far out we are post-op (unless this is already stated in your side profile :))

Post as little or as much info as you want. If you track macros, feel free to share your Protein, fat, & carb details...if all you feel like saying is you had a really yummy taco, that's cool too.

EDIT: Anyone can play! VSG, RNY, DS, etc... ♥️

Edited by ms.sss

Yay! So even though this is in the VSG area, we can all play, right? All surgery types? I'm RNY. TY for starting the thread!!

Edited by FluffyChix

10 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Yay! So even though this is in the VSG area, we can all play, right? All surgery types? I'm RNY. TY for starting the thread!!

oops. didn't realize I put this in the VSG area..yes, everyone can play ♥️

Edited by ms.sss

NBD! I just didn't want to horn in on it! :D

K, I'll go first. Will try keep this first post simple:

5'2" Female Maintaining 8.5m post-op

1: coffee + stevia sweetener (2 cals)
2: salad (greens, roasted red pepper, cucumber) + 2oz pork & beef burger + vinaigrette (230 cals)
3: Chia pudding + pumpkin seeds + almond butter (161 cals)
4: Salad (greens, avocado) + 1oz pork & beef burger, vinaigrette (285 cals)
5: 2oz grilled chicken + 1.5 oz steak (140 cals)

This was what I ate yesterday. Today's menu is a Protein Shake and whatever I end up eating at a dinner date with friends tonite, and I don't know what that will end up being yet, lol)

Also...this is what I would say is a lower-calorie day for me (the burger I was working on was crazy filling!)

Edited by ms.sss

Ok, I'll jump in. My menu for the next week or so will be kinda jacked. I'm having some let's just say, "intestinal issues" as a result of the gut surgery a couple weeks ago so am having something I don't normally--a modified BRAT diet with lots of carbolicious nonsense! So this should be very interesting how it's gonna affect my weight and rate of loss, and blood sugar. My fasting bg went from 83 to 102 in just 2 days. So yeah. There's that. LOL.

My weight info is all in my left side area under my name and in my signature line. :) 133.0lbs this morning working on Goal #3 of 130lbs. 56 year old, 5'4" female.

Here's today's jacked up menu. I'm just not hungry and tummy is having issues so it's doubtful I'll eat until lunchtime and even then, I may not get all my meals in. I may be going to the PCP about it. (click to enlarge image)

B-decaff green tea

L-yogurt "protein soup" with bananas and blueberries

AS-chicken and rice Bone Broth soup

D-chicken and rice with green beans

BS-yogurt "protein soup" with bananas and blueberries

Walk 60+ minutes today.

image.thumb.png.95093145e6c24655de46bd13169a4bcd.png

Edited by FluffyChix

5'2" Female Maintaining 8.5m post-op

July 22: 388 calories, 30g carbs, 19.5g fat, 37.4g Protein.

Alrighty, so I knew I was going out to an all-you-can-eat (self-cooking) Korean BBQ for dinner tonite, so I basically saved my day's calories for this meal...which sort of backfired as I didn't eat as many calories as I anticipated I would. (All amounts are approximate as I didn't have a scale on me ;) )

1: coffee + stevia sweetener (2 cals)
2: 1 oz grilled shrimp + 1 oz grilled chicken + 2oz Kalbi (short ribs) + 1oz grilled pork loin + 1oz grilled pork belly + 1 tbsp kimchi + probably 2 tbsp of added sugar in the various meat marinades (386 cals) (btw, got all this food in over a 2.5hour period.)

5'4" | 56yo Female | 133.4lbs | 17mos po | WLM (weight loss mode) | 60+ walking

Wow great choices from your meal out! It sounds lovely! And way better than what my day ended up being. I'm thinking I'll try today, but I may start entering my day retroactively. :) So today I'd post yesterday's menu. But we'll see. Today I may actually be able to stay on plan--yesterday needed to wing it.

Am having some tummy issues from the surgeon having to manhandle my guts a couple of weeks ago and I'm kinda being forced into a pouch reset diet to try to see if I can wait it out til my gut wakes back up. So it's a full liquid diet today and I'm gonna see how it goes. Boring, but should be filling.

B=protein latte x 3

MS=1 sf jello

L=cocomo joe iced Protein coffee

AS=bone broth

D=cocomo joe frappacino

BS=2 sf popsicles

image.thumb.png.a31e0059a1a3980282924154e719b4d7.png

Hey, where are all the people who wanted to do a daily menu thread? *scratches head*

@RickM whereyabees? Come join us!

@Lovin2lose Where are you? Here's a daily menu thread. Come post to it!

@2ndTimeFreedom Hey girl, come join us on the menu thread!

@NYJenn Get in here girl and post that menu!

Bring all your friends! The more the merrier!!

Edited by FluffyChix

What are y'all eating today?

Are you hungry all the time? Before I found IF, I would be if I ate higher carb. Now things are different for me...but I do find the more I eat and the more often I eat, the hungrier I am and the more fixated on the next meal event I am. What is your experience with this.

I saw this article on MFP:

4 Reasons Why You're Hungry All The Time

How many of them apply?

5'2" Female Maintaining 9m post-op

July 24: 719 calories, 35g NET carbs, 38g fat, 60g protein.

Went to a food festival tonite, so meal #3 is estimated amounts - I eyeballed everything.

1) coffee + stevia sweetener (2 cals)

2) salad with 3oz avocado + 2 of grilled chicken (246 cals)

3) 3 GIANT oysters + 3 oz grilled chicken kabob + 1/4 corn on the cob + 2 tbsp brownie with frosting + probably .5 tbsp of added sugar in the kabob marinade (471 cals)

Edited by ms.sss

Im not as far along than alot of you.

I had surgery may 31st. So like 8weeks post op. I was 237 now im 201. I try to walk 13,000 steps aday. I try to get at least 3water bottles in a day and some Gatorade zero and once a week i have a sugar free red bull:)

For Breakfast I eat a fried egg nice and runny on the inside with avocado and 1 turkey bacon.

lunch is hummas and Protein chips or a quarter of a healthy choice frozen food or tuna salad

dinner i like making homemade greek yogurt, avocado, cilantro dressing to put with fish and cut up tomatoes and cucumbers or pork with cooked veggies.

Snacks are grilled zucchini and broccoli, or greek protein yogurt, almonds or a tbs of Peanut Butter or a few slices of jalapeno cheese or some watermellon.

20190723_074642.jpg

20190722_045632.jpg

20190722_045617.jpg

oooohhh...that dressing sounds yum, plus I have all those ingredients in my kitchen at the moment, so bonus! going to make this for my salad tomorrow :).

It's good to hear from people at all different stages!

also...congrats on your weight loss, you are doing really well for 8 weeks post op ♥️

9 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

I dunno about #1 and #3, I don't see any obvious cause-effect of these in my experience.

For #2 (not eating enough) I find the opposite is at play for me. The longer I don't eat, the less hungry I get.

As for #4 (not sleeping enough), this I think rings true. I am hungrier the longer I am awake; also noticed that weight loss slowed down (or stopped altogether) when I didn't get enough sleep..possibly related to being hungrier therefore eating more?