Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hormonal changes like acne after WLS??

Is anyone experiencing post op alot of hormonal changes with ur self? My whole back and thighs covered with acne it is so bad i went to the docters thinking it was bug bites. It wasnt!! He said there is definently something hormonal going on. I wasnt a teenager with acne problems so now being 32 i feel gross. My docter gave me antibiotics and steroids to help it go away and he is also having me do lab work to make sure my body is ok inside. Anyone having similar issues? Is it because of the WLS i had or what im eatting? Im frusterated and it hurts to where a bra. Ugh!!

No, I haven't had any outbreaks of acne or skin issues post-WLS. (I'm 54)

I have forehead acne since surgery. Never had an issue as a teen. I'm 41.

I was getting a lot of acne on my face, but not so much any more.

1 hour ago, nenes78 said:

I have forehead acne since surgery. Never had an issue as a teen. I'm 41.

Its so wierd how our bodies are reacting to the change with WLS. Wish there was a simple explanation. :(

Yes, I've had a problem with it since surgery. I have adult acne, although it is not horrible, I have had to go on antibiotics a few times before to help clear it up. I mostly have a problem with acne in my scalp since surgery. I was told it is normal although I'm in menopause. It will get better.

the explanation I've heard is that some hormones (like estrogen) are stored in fat cells. When you start dropping weight really fast, they're released and start to flood your system. It eventually balances out again. I didn't have this issue because I'm older, but evidently it's pretty common.

Zomg the acne is driving me batty. I was fine until a month or so ago and now my forehead looks like a Martian terrain. I've nicked some of my daughter's prescription anti-acne cream and ordered some retinal something or other but as someone who has never really had to deal with much more than a few pimples as a teen, I'm dying here.

Is anyone experiencing post op alot of hormonal changes with ur self? My whole back and thighs covered with acne it is so bad i went to the docters thinking it was bug bites. It wasnt!! He said there is definently something hormonal going on. I wasnt a teenager with acne problems so now being 32 i feel gross. My docter gave me antibiotics and steroids to help it go away and he is also having me do lab work to make sure my body is ok inside. Anyone having similar issues? Is it because of the WLS i had or what im eatting? Im frusterated and it hurts to where a bra. Ugh!!
Yes! So glad you posted this because I was just going to post the same question!! I'm 57, and 4 months post gastric bypass, and just suddenly started having acne on my face. Primarily on my chin, but cheeks and nose, too. Ugh!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Omg i know its so annoying. As a teenager everytime i was on a binge for a while eatting fried food and Desserts my face would breakout a few here and there but as soon as i started eatting healthy they went away. Now with eatting right i didnt think acne was even going to be a thing. I havent gotten back my results from my lab work yet but very curious to see if it shows anything going on with my body or a whole lot of nothing.

I reckon it must be the hormones being released from the fat cells. My diet is hella better than it ever used to be, so it can’t be crap food.< /p>