Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't know who needs to hear this but...

If you ever feel like you're surrounded by know it alls (here or in real life) and want to scream/type "just shut up already" you're not alone.

You're awesome. You're doing great. If your journey is totally normal and you're freaked out because you're NOT experiencing the myriad of issues you see here, I feel ya. If you're having issues, I hope you're finding the non-judgmental support you need. If you're not, I hope you find it. Try & remember the people commenting on every freaking post to chastise & bully are really talking to themselves.

Thanks.

It's because of desensitization as a result of bone-headed decisions like these:

On 7/10/2019 at 7:44 AM, FluffyChix said:

It's because of desensitization as a result of bone-headed decisions like these:

Fluffy, honest to God... did you really take screen shots of other members on this forum for the purpose of making fun of them or am I misunderstanding your intent?

8 hours ago, JanJan19 said:

Fluffy, honest to God... did you really take screen shots of other members on this forum for the purpose of making fun of them or am I misunderstanding your intent?

You do not know me at all. I do not make fun of anyone's journey. And although I do not judge, I'm not an enabler soft love girl either. This (WLS) is a truly DEADLY serious endeavor. And it's freakin' hard without us making it even more potentially deadly through our bad choices. And what you think is me making fun, is actually me illustrating THROUGH LINKS not screen shots (that's just how BP handles links to posts) the reality that there are people so mired in cognitive dissonance and in disease that they would risk their life for a food-fix. This is no joking matter. It's desperately sad and very serious.

I'm thinking I somehow pee in your wheaties and you appear dedicated to schooling me and setting me down a notch or twelve. I'm sorry my style doesn't fit your expectations. I would highly encourage you to block me, so I don't inadvertently introduce added stress into your journey--cuz I plan on stickin' around for quite a while unless @Alex Brecher feels I'm not an asset to his site.

Edited by FluffyChix

And although you and I don't always agree, YOU ARE AN ASSET TO BARIATRIC PAL, and your advice tends to Be Spot On. Sometimes it pinches but , hey you're a Truth Teller, and it just maybe was WHAT I needed to👂 Hear!

@FluffyChixI for one appreciate your insight and honesty. To me, you are courageous for calling out bad behavior. Some people need a reality check. IMHO, you're an asset to the forum. I hope Alex also sees that.

4 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

You do not know me at all. I do not make fun of anyone's journey. And although I do not judge, I'm not an enabler soft love girl either. This (WLS) is a truly DEADLY serious endeavor. And it's freakin' hard without us making it even more potentially deadly through our bad choices. And what you think is me making fun, is actually me illustrating THROUGH LINKS not screen shots (that's just how BP handles links to posts) the reality that there are people so mired in cognitive dissonance and in disease that they would risk their life for a food-fix. This is no joking matter. It's desperately sad and very serious.

I'm thinking I somehow pee in your wheaties and you appear dedicated to schooling me and setting me down a notch or twelve. I'm sorry my style doesn't fit your expectations. I would highly encourage you to block me, so I don't inadvertently introduce added stress into your journey--cuz I plan on stickin' around for quite a while unless @Alex Brecher feels I'm not an asset to his site.

That is great advice.