Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do YOU have excess skin ??

Do YOU have any excess skin!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do YOU have any excess skin!!

• Nope... none haven't had a problem with skin!
    • A lil bit but I can live with it.
    • Had alot but I have already seen the surgeon!
    • On my way to the surgeons office! LOL!!
    • I have alot but can't afford/unwilling to see a surgeon.

I was morbidly obese > 10 years so I'm not shocked at all to have hanging skin; I'm not to goal yet and already its driving me nuts - in particular the lower body. The arms and boobs aren't pretty but those are easier to hide with a good bra and longer sleeves.

good luck with your journey! I'm already researching plastic surgeon's and surgery like crazy- hopefully next October (after my bonus!) I'll be at goal and able to get my surgery done (at least the LBL)

I forgot to hit quote message so you'll know who the question is to.

I have lots of lose skin. The skin looks strange - I think part of it is because I had a hysterectomy 5 months prior to the lapband procedure. The hormonal changes and the fact that I've been obese most of my life have contributed to the condition of my skin. My skin has no elasticity to it and is just shriveling up to match the smaller frame underneat. It's creepy - almost like melted plastic.

I waiver on the plastic surgery . . .part of me wonders why I need to do it, the other says I'm only 46 and could have a long time to enjoy the freedom comes with being comfortable in my skin.

I'll have to choose between a regular vehicle and a luxury vehicle to pay for my surgery. I'm selfish, so I want both. I still have time to ponder this too.

Congratulations to all that are still losing and especially those that are maintaining!

Yup, just had my first consult with plastic surgeon. Hoping for insurance coverage and keeping my fingers crossed!! Good luck with your journey, it's a life changing little device and I'm SO glad to have my band!!!

I am pretty lucky that I don't have much sagging skin on my belly. I expect to have more when I lose my last 10 lbs.

I do have it on my arms that I absolutely hate and I would love to get a face lift. Luckily, my clothes cover up my arms most of the time. I would never wear a tank top or anything like that.

Hi, pumpkin - I noticed that you said you had a hysterectomy five months before being banded. I had a hysterectomy a month ago, and had planned to have my band in January (though obviously I'll have to delay it now). Did you wait five months because you were told you had to in order to recover? Were there any other treatments you were undergoing at the time?

Sorry to ask so many (personal?) questions, but I'm hoping to make contact with other people who've had hysterectomies AND have the band!

***thread hijack***

Listenhard, I had a hysterectomy 5 years ago due to endometrial cancer. I had a complete hysterectomy followed by cinfused chemotherapy X 9 weeks and oral chemotherapy X 6 months.

I had my band placed almost 2 years ago.

If there is anything in particular you want to ask---shoot me a PM.

Just a note--------both the hysterectomy and the band----2 of the VERY BEST things I have ever done!!

Kat