Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Meal Prep

I have been "trying" to do weekly meal prepping to avoid wondering what I am going to eat for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is especially needed while I am at work - however for the past 2 weeks, I am fine the first couple of days, but by the end of the week I am grossed out by what I prepared a few days prior. For instance, I made baked eggs/veggie cups and turkey bacon for breakfast this week. I was fine Monday and Tuesday, but Wednesday thru today I have been choking it down. Today, I could only tolerate bacon which means I am not getting in my Protein for breakfast. Is it just me? Do you all prepare a variety of food selections? I am trying not to waste money or food but it seems inevitable.

Breakfast is a tough one to prep. It just doesn't taste the same reheated or will have a nauseating smell when reheated. I usually do a Protein Shake, cream of wheat or Greek yogurt if I can't cook breakfast every day.

2 hours ago, lyladyp said:

I have been "trying" to do weekly meal prepping to avoid wondering what I am going to eat for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is especially needed while I am at work - however for the past 2 weeks, I am fine the first couple of days, but by the end of the week I am grossed out by what I prepared a few days prior. For instance, I made baked eggs/veggie cups and turkey bacon for Breakfast this week. I was fine Monday and Tuesday, but Wednesday thru today I have been choking it down. Today, I could only tolerate bacon which means I am not getting in my Protein for breakfast. Is it just me? Do you all prepare a variety of food selections? I am trying not to waste money or food but it seems inevitable.

I can tolerate anything – I do a combination of clean foods (I meal prep) and little to no prep foods. To save money, freeze leftovers in small batches for convenience meals later.

I meal prep Proteins. I can refrigerate some and freeze the rest. I don’t eat the same things all week, I have items that are little to no prep on hand. (make sure any of my examples are on your plan)

Breakfast:

Mix up your veggie cups with other items, Dannon lite n fit Greek yogurt, For out the door convenience in the morning – Protein iced mocha shake – (Instant decal coffee, Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup and vanilla Protein Shake and ice) fried egg and precooked jimmy dean turkey sausage links.

Lunch:

With what ever you are meal prepping for lunch – Keep flavored tuna pouches, I make chicken salad (Canned chicken, chopped celery, onion, apple and dried cranberries and olive oil mayo) hard boiled eggs bought in a bag in the deli section. I can make deviled eggs or egg salad. - I eat veggie trays and strawberries dipped in sugar free cholate syrup for a snack

Dinner

I have my prepped dinners- my little to no prep is precooked john soles beef or chicken meat from frozen section – Its Easy to chop and Sautee my green red peppers and onions add fajita seasoning. (They also sell frozen peppers and onions) Precooked chicken and frozen stir fry vegetables.

Last night’s quick meal was ground turkey, canned deiced stewed tomatoes, deiced green peppers and onion, frozen garlic roasted riced cauliflower and four cheese spaghetti sauce,

I log and keep within my calories and macros.

Here is a link to low to no prep meal ideas

https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/411624-no-to-low-cooking-ideas-for-real-foods-stage-4-post-op/?page=2

Thank you so much for those suggestions. My plan was more on the lenient side so I am eating regular foods, I jut have to do everything in moderation and what my body can actually tolerate. I will definitely look into trying some of those quicker food options. I am cooking for myself and family, so I have been trying to make things that everyone can eat to make life a little easier on me.

I'm a big fan of overnight refrigerator oats. I prep 6 breakfasts on Sunday and they do just fine in the back of the fridge all week. My basic recipe for one serving is

• 1/8 cup quick oats
  • 1/8 cup non fat plain greek yoghurt
  • 1/8 cup unsweetened almond milk.

Then I tweak it based on what I'm into eating. I usually add some chia seeds and a bit of stevia. This week has been chocolate berry flavour (add cocoa powder to the mix, and top with 2 raspberries). Next week will be banana bread flavour (half a mashed banana, and cinnamon added to base mix, and perhaps topped with a few walnut crumbles).

Even recovering from WLS you're a good cook, both sound quite appealing!

I mostly eat the same things for breakfast and lunch

B: either Quark (a yogurt-consistency cheese) or Oikos Triple 0 Greek Yogurt with 1/4 - 1/2 c. frozen blueberries (I eat it at work, so the bb defrost just a bit on the drive in so they're not SOOO frozen)

L: eggface's ricotta bake with spinach baked in. I usually make a double recipe, cook it in a mini loaf pan that makes 8 mini loaves. Keep 4 in my fridge, freeze 4. Sometimes I'll have leftovers for lunch, but typically its ricotta bake.

Snacks - the Sargento nut/cheese packs, cheese slices, almonds, parm chips with guac or hummus (sometimes I'll have this for lunch as well)