Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have embraced the stall but I feel like I have had so many and I’m just over two months out. I don’t know if maybe I’m loosing the weight quickly so my body is taking lots of “breaks” or what. I rarely eat because it’s so hard to force myself to do so. If I do it’s two eggs With cheese and maybe something with meat for dinner like pork,chicken,fish,and so on (very rarely do I eat lunch I mainly do if I don’t eat breakfast) I just started getting to where I take all my Vitamins (they would make me so sick that I would almost instantly throw it back up it still makes me sick but I’ve found out how to take it to where it doesn’t come back up I also would always forget Calcium but drank lactose free milk through out the day) I can’t stomach Protein Shakes so I know I’m not getting enough Protein. Maybe that’s why? I just can’t find any that sit well with my tummy. Any of the non clear ones make me sick. I can’t even drink regular milk anymore which fricking sucks because I love milk lol. I tried the clear premier ones the pomegranate and they sit well they just taste awful and don’t go down well. I don’t really dig pomegranates lol. But I figured I’d try them because my madre got them for me(she also had the gastric bypass surgery so she helps supply the shakes since she buys in bulk at sams club) I know I don’t exercise as much as I should but that’s because they took me off my blood pressure medicine(unrelated but also my diabetes pills☺️) which I had taken for several years. So now my heart rate runs high because it’s used to not relying on the beta blockers. My dr says I need to slowly retrain my heart which I am doing by cleaning the house and walking around the house. But I can only do 5-10minute intervals before it gets to 130-160 so then I have to relax till it goes down which takes a little longer then start over again. I can’t say “I’ve only lost around 100lbs” because that’s a lot. I’m just on my fifth stall already and don’t know why. I lost around 46lbs without the surgery. And then another 46lbs since surgery. So maybe since I’m fairly young(turning 23 soon) I’m loosing it faster than usual so I’m getting more stalls? I just wished I understood what my body is doing. I’m so happy the weights coming off but at the same time it’s like I knew it so well before and now we’re strangers.

Bump... I won’t see my surgeon till the 26th and they won’t give me answers over the phone so figured id ask here to see if maybe anyone else has had this issue.

46 pounds in two months? What stall?

I agree, you've lost 46lb in less than eight weeks you've done really well, I can't see how that is stalling.

You are not going to lose weight every single day nor even every single week. There are also the natural stalls that most people have following surgery even if they are not eating many calories. Immediately following surgery there is inflammation and very likely Fluid retention, and then as the post op food phases are progresses which usually result in stalls, all these are natural and fairly typical. Again they may be more stall as exercise is introduced and then intensified.

I only loose weight for a week then stall the rest and I didn’t know if it was normal. Thank you 🙏🏻 I guess I didn’t understand the stall

4 hours ago, PudgeBeGone said:

I only loose weight for a week then stall the rest and I didn’t know if it was normal. Thank you 🙏🏻 I guess I didn’t understand the stall

Girl just keep going. I will throw a damn party if I hit 46 pounds by my 8th week lol. I've yet to lose more than 5 pounds in any week. We're all different. Just keep going & try not to be discouraged by the stalls between.

On 6/12/2019 at 10:45 AM, PudgeBeGone said:

I have embraced the stall but I feel like I have had so many and I’m just over two months out. I don’t know if maybe I’m loosing the weight quickly so my body is taking lots of “breaks” or what. I rarely eat because it’s so hard to force myself to do so. If I do it’s two eggs With cheese and maybe something with meat for dinner like pork,chicken,fish,and so on (very rarely do I eat lunch I mainly do if I don’t eat breakfast) I just started getting to where I take all my Vitamins (they would make me so sick that I would almost instantly throw it back up it still makes me sick but I’ve found out how to take it to where it doesn’t come back up I also would always forget Calcium but drank lactose free milk through out the day) I can’t stomach Protein Shakes so I know I’m not getting enough Protein. Maybe that’s why? I just can’t find any that sit well with my tummy. Any of the non clear ones make me sick. I can’t even drink regular milk anymore which fricking sucks because I love milk lol. I tried the clear premier ones the pomegranate and they sit well they just taste awful and don’t go down well. I don’t really dig pomegranates lol. But I figured I’d try them because my madre got them for me(she also had the gastric bypass surgery so she helps supply the shakes since she buys in bulk at sams club) I know I don’t exercise as much as I should but that’s because they took me off my blood pressure medicine(unrelated but also my diabetes pills☺️) which I had taken for several years. So now my heart rate runs high because it’s used to not relying on the beta blockers. My dr says I need to slowly retrain my heart which I am doing by cleaning the house and walking around the house. But I can only do 5-10minute intervals before it gets to 130-160 so then I have to relax till it goes down which takes a little longer then start over again. I can’t say “I’ve only lost around 100lbs” because that’s a lot. I’m just on my fifth stall already and don’t know why. I lost around 46lbs without the surgery. And then another 46lbs since surgery. So maybe since I’m fairly young(turning 23 soon) I’m loosing it faster than usual so I’m getting more stalls? I just wished I understood what my body is doing. I’m so happy the weights coming off but at the same time it’s like I knew it so well before and now we’re strangers.

Hello! I'm 2 months out and I'm experiencing the same thing! I was bypassed 04/04/2019 and since then i've lost lots of weight but the pounds seem to drop all at once for a week or even less and then stall for two or three weeks, then drop a bunch in a week and then stall again for 2-3 weeks. I feel like all the weight i've dropped was in like 2 weeks total and the rest of the 2 months was just stalls. I think it's normal though, as long as we're losing weight in the end. I feel you, though, it's very frustrating. I'm 21 so yeah it may be our age too.

Good luck!