Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vegas Vacation After VSG Food and Alcohol Thoughts

This was me last year....exactly....well.....I was only 9 weeks post when I went....but I was told.... straight no mixers or champagne....slow to make sure it didn't sneak up on me....I found out in Vegas that if I drink....any kind and of sugar literally puts me to sleep....lol....but enjoy and have fun....almonds...and cheese....
Thank you I will be taking my own vodka and light cranberry and definitely drinking it slowly cause it will be my first time drinking when i go to Vegas so I'm not sure how my body will handle it. [emoji1][emoji6][emoji4]

Sent from my VS995 using BariatricPal mobile app

When I went to Vegas what I did was take plenty of Snacks and Protein Shakes, when we would go eat I would order something off the menu that I could eat.. i drank but what i did was made sure I drank drank Water all day to stay hydrated since I knew I would be drinking at night and when I did drink I asked for water with vodka and I would carry my crystal light packs and put some in there for a little flavor.. I made sure I drank slow and with no straw

When I went to Vegas what I did was take plenty of Snacks and Protein Shakes, when we would go eat I would order something off the menu that I could eat.. i drank but what i did was made sure I drank drank Water all day to stay hydrated since I knew I would be drinking at night and when I did drink I asked for Water with vodka and I would carry my crystal light packs and put some in there for a little flavor.. I made sure I drank slow and with no straw
Thank you most defenetly be doing Snacks Protein Shakes water and vodka with water and water enhancer.. [emoji6]

I just went this month when I was 5 months post op. It is very easy to get lots of Protein and Water in. There is a CVS or Walgreens on every corner and tons of health food options. I also took powdered protein and mixed it with steamed milk from Starbucks for my morning “coffee.” I drank some wine but probably not more than 2-3 per day. I actually lost 4 lbs as we averaged 9 miles a day walking!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just went this month when I was 5 months post op. It is very easy to get lots of Protein and Water in. There is a CVS or Walgreens on every corner and tons of health food options. I also took powdered Protein and mixed it with steamed milk from Starbucks for my morning “coffee.” I drank some wine but probably not more than 2-3 per day. I actually lost 4 lbs as we averaged 9 miles a day walking!

Thank you. How was drinking alcohol for you post op?

I live in Las Vegas and most everywhere you go to eat on the strip the portions are huge. I have a friend who recently had the procedure and now that she’s able to eat more than soft foods she eats from the appetizer menu and gets full from that without a lot of waste. She eats a lot of cheese and drinks nothing but water.

Thank all for the all the advise and info.

Thank you. How was drinking alcohol for you post op?

I couldn’t really drink a whole drink until 5 months. Now I can tolerate a few glasses of wine or a vodka and Water with crystal light added. 2 is my limit. After that is just makes my stomach hurt and gives me a headache.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• MrsGamgee

Well, long time no see. 
      It's been a rough couple of weeks. I should have been expecting the other shoe to drop after having it so easy for the first three weeks post op. I was getting my water and protein easily, had no pain, nausea, or vomiting.
      But as soon as the soft foods really started in earnest I started having problems. Pain, foamies, slimeys, vomiting galore. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it. Something that I ate easily yesterday causes pain and vomiting after the first bite today. Sometimes it's my pills, other times they go down easy. I just don't get it. 
      I'm trying to stay positive. I know this is a season in my life, and things will eventually even out. I'm just so tired of being afraid to eat, not knowing what kind of response my body will have. I'm mostly hitting my protein target, thanks in large part to protein shakes (which I hate, but look at as medicine). I missed my water targets by a lot over the weekend, due mostly to feeling awful, which I know is a terrible cycle... throw up, don't feel like drinking anything, get dehydrated, get constipated, feel like crap, repeat. 
      The three-week stall is also still here. I thought I had busted through it, but I've been bouncing between 216-219 for the last two and a half weeks, which is a contributing factor to my mood and frustration level. And add in wee-lings who are going crazy with end of the school year insanity, friends with busy schedules who I haven't been able to see in weeks, and I'm an unhappy girl. 
      Things will turn around. I know they will. Just not feeling it at this moment. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • dmadms  »  ARMoma45

I saw the post where you were denied the first time because you lost to much weight.  How much did you lose?  I lost 1 # my 2nd month and 6# my third month and scared to death I have screwed up.  

Thanks
      Dana
      · 1 reply
      1. ARMoma45

I lost 11% of my body weight and they wanted me to fail to lose 10%. I even called the insurance company and asked them to clarify because the wording was confusing. I didn't know if they wanted me to lose the 10% or fail to lose the 10%. I was told to lose 10% so I did and apparently the person that I spoke to wasn't correct. But also this was in December and my company was scheduled to change to a different division of BCBS after the first of the year. So that probably played more into the denial than anything.

I continued my monthly visits and they clearly showed that I plateaued about month 5/6 and began to regain. I originally lost from 333 to 298 and regained back up to 330 but have now lost back down to 318.

• allwet

· 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

As a tea-a-holic, I'm happy to hear this. Thanks!

• JamesL73

One week post-revision, down 5 lbs since surgery day.....which puts me back under 300. VICTORY!!! Still a ways to go but I'll take every little win I can get. Feeling great other than minor abdominal discomfort.
      · 1 reply
      1. ARMoma45

That's awesome....keep up the great work :)

• danieocean

I am officially under my ultimate goal weight...holy cow! Just wanted to share an update on my progress. I didn't take a whole lot of progress pics. The before is the oldest one I have and its 2.5 months post op and the right photo is of me today! Thrilled with my progress. Hoping everyone is happy, healthy and doing great!

· 5 replies
      1. ms.sss

you look great!

2. danieocean

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I can't believe it happened so fast. 8 months have really flown by!!!

3. GreenTealael

🙌 Looking GREAT 🙌

4. oldbriannomore

looking phenominal! congrats!

5. Orchids&Dragons

Congrats! You look fantastic!

• Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs