Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

YOU GUYS I AM SO EXCITED BUT NEED ADVICE! PLEASE

Hello everyone after 8 months im finally going to be getting my date on the 22nd of this month. This is my first ever surgery ever, do you have any advice for me?? Pleease anything. Thank you! :)

FIRST CONGRATS , DRINK Water SO THEY CAN FIND YOUR VEINS STAY FOCUSED ON THE TOOLS YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE AND USE THEM AS INTENDED THERE WILL BE UPS AND DOWNS STAY FOCUSED AND WALK OR EXERCISE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN DRINK WATER AND REPEAT

1 hour ago, tal said:

first surgery do you have any advice for me??

@tal

woo hoo, it's almost your day - the first day of the rest of your healthier,

happier, longer life

lots of OP will give you their words of wisdom, experiences - and that's great -

lots of good info from OP on the board - end of the day, only listen/follow what

your doc and NUT tell you. (and me too)☺️

Follow all the rules you are given. I always say Water rules are the most

important. No drinking with meals, or for 45-60 minutes after you eat. drink 64 oz plus a day.

you should understand that all of "us" are different with some food plans, how

long it takes them to loose weight, how much they loose, certain foods some are told to eat, and other NUTS might say don't eat that. You will have ups and downs, stalls etc. good days, bad days. Try not to get discouraged. (easier said than done) All part of the long journey you are starting

good luck bud

kathy

This is a marathon, not a sprint. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

My sleeve was my first surgery ever as well!

The best advice I can give is just make sure to be compliant with the doctors, nurses, and the plans they lay out for you, both in and out of the hospital. Don't be afraid to ask questions, but follow their advice and instructions as best you can, because they'll be the ones to guide you through the experience.

Best advice I can give is to follow your Preop diet and really try to excercise and get ready for the surgery. I just completed mine and I must say I have no adverse side effects and feel great. I am not bragging but I excercised and dieted like a mad man getting ready for this one.

My sleeve surgery was on 5/13 and it was the first surgery I had also. Everything has gone smooth so far. I would encourage you to just follow the advice of the nurses and your surgeon to the best of your ability. Walk as much as you can during your recovery in the hospital, that helped me so much with gas and pain. If something feels wrong, ask questions and for help. They are there to help you. I called my Bariatric advice nurse everyday this week to ensure I'm doing everything ok. It felt like I was over-communicating and bothering them, but this is MY recovery and MY experience. They reassured me they are there to answer any questions and help me along the way. Utilize your resources! Listen to your stomach - it will talk to you after we surgery.