Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scale weirdness

I'm about a month and a half out from my surgery, and I've lost 43 lbs. My scale number on Friday morning said 315 lbs. This morning, it was 317-318. Think this is just normal fluctuation?

My diet hasn't changed, and I'm getting in my 60-80 grams of Protein a day and all my Water. I did try something this weekend that I ordered from the Bariatric Pal Store, the guilt-free brownies that have 22 grams of protein in them per brownie.

(Could only eat half a brownie at a time)

I still ate under 700 calories per day. Weight gain makes little sense to me at this point unless it's just fluctuation or retaining a bit of water

Are you still young enough to be hormonal? Maybe monthly Water retained?, Yeah it should be okay, we all fluctuate, now if it were 20 pounds, somebody would be spanking YOU. We are all human beibgs, don't sweat all the small stuff, you will tie yourself up in "Nots". not this, not that. Just live and let IT go.

2 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Are you still young enough to be hormonal? Maybe monthly Water retained?, Yeah it should be okay, we all fluctuate, now if it were 20 pounds, somebody would be spanking YOU. We are all human beibgs, don't sweat all the small stuff, you will tie yourself up in "Nots". not this, not that. Just live and let IT go.

Don't think I've got the right equipment to get hormonal that way :P I'm 31 and male, after all.

Yep, it's normal. It freaked me out the first time it did it because I knew I couldn't have possibly gained weight.

Hi I am doing the same thing. My surgery was 19th of March and I have lost 33 lbs. Got on the scale two days ago and weighed 3 lbs less and this morning 3 lbs more. I am going mad and yes I did check my scale and put new batteries in it. Not hormonal I'm 66 years young. I did have really extensive surgery all open (58 staples) so my activity is restricted to walking until I see the Dr. in June. My Protein is 60 gm. and I drink Water all the time. My diet is now regular and introduce new foods slowly. My caloric intake is about 400 to 700 as tolerated. I do feel a little hunger now but not ravenous and limit my portion size. What is the average weight loss per month? Am I just beating myself up over this? I appreciate any help.

I weight 292 one morning and then gained back to 296. I stayed there for almost 4 weeks. Then it took me a month but I've finally got to 286 which is 52 pounds lost in 11 weeks (today). I was convinced I would never lose another pound, but I just think I lost so much so fast that my body needed to catch up.

I bet you will start losing again, but for some of us, it takes awhile.

Good luck!

Had a surgery twin , male , he dropped and just seemed to go on and on. Meanwhile I was just chug A chugging. Sorry about my attempt to change your gender, it would have been easier to tell you. that you were premenopausal. But unless you were having Sympathy Pains, that sure doesn't hold up with 31 and Male. Oopsie on me!

Rassin frassin. Used the bathroom when I got home yesterday, weighed 316 afterward. Weighed this morning, 318.

Yeah, I think I'm in a stall.

I'm having the same issues. I am 2 lbs heavier today - the scale just keeps going up and down 2 lbs and has done the last couple of weeks.

Does anybody know why the stall and how do you get out of it. The first two months I lost 34 pounds and now for two weeks have lost nothing. They did move me to a full diet introducing 1 food at a time, but I have not been interested in trying anything yet, so I am not doing anything different just can't loose any more. This is so frustrating!!!

My stalls are not stalls where the scale stays the same day after day - I fluctuate up and down when I'm in one.

This is my month so far - as you can see, I've been stalling since May 1st (green asterisk denotes a new lowest weight). I weigh every day - there is still a downward trend when you look at the big picture - but I like the stats and info from daily weighing. I factor in Protein, liquids, bowel movements, period, ovulation, calories, activity (all are on this page, just not in frame for the pic).

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has the scale jump around on them!

20190516_160252.jpg

Wow, that's crazy seeing it there in black and white. I'm glad I'm not the only one this happens to!

Well, stall broke. Got down to 312. Except now up to 314 this morning. Fluctuation is weird. Damnit, I just want to get below 300 already.

On 5/22/2019 at 6:45 AM, Ellf said:

Well, stall broke. Got down to 312. Except now up to 314 this morning. Fluctuation is weird. Damnit, I just want to get below 300 already.

wow, can I ask about your stats... have you lost 116 since 25th March??