Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your eating routine?

I went to the ER on friday was extremely dehydrated and potassium super low. But there no short comings that happen for a reason. I was changed prescription and given naseau medicine. Now I am actually eating tiny tiny amounts, but starting to feel human and not so weak. My energy is going up, and want to start taking Vitamins now specially B12, D, and A which I am low. Which do you recommend?

This is my routine right now.

Wake up at 5 am or 6 am: feeling super thirsty I decided to eat first so I don't have to wait the thirty minutes. But I think I should drink first.

I found I love infused Water much better than plain but has to be ice cold. What do you do when Out and about? I was looking at infusing bottles but they don't keep the water cold.

I am still figuring out what to eat, really don't like eggs or yogurt right now which sucks. Got some silken tofu let's see what I do with that.

And for everyone that has supported in my last posts thank you so much!

Maybe invest in a thermos to carry? I like the Bariatric Advantage B-12 little pills, black cherry taste, one under the tongue, usually do it noonish, resolves pretty quick, Vitamin A & D check with your Bariatric people, see if over-the- counter suffices or whether you'll need a script. Wal-Mart where I get my meds, not sure if it's their policy or Silver Scripts my Medicare part D provider, but I pay a co- pay equal to regular price for Vitamins, even my special Iron pills Ferrocite, which are not a retail type formulation. Most of their iron is Ferrous Gluconate, Ferrocite,is a different Iron salt. But I don't have all the answers, like most of us, you learn as you go!

4 hours ago, iliana00000 said:

Wake up at 5 am or 6 am: feeling super thirsty I decided to eat first so I don't have to wait the thirty minutes. But I think I should drink first.

I found I love infused Water much better than plain but has to be ice cold. What do you do when Out and about? I was looking at infusing bottles but they don't keep the Water cold

First things first - if you wake up thirsty - you are thirsty. DRINK FIRST. You can eat later. Your body is trying to tell you something and you are ignoring it.

Are you getting enough fluids in? If you were dehydrated, the answer to that is likely no absent an imbalance in your system.

I understand the temperature issue - when I was first sleeved, I went through that as well. I found this after a quick search on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/asobu-Flavor-Stainless-Infuser-Classy/dp/B07F5ZJ9JD/ref=asc_df_B07F5ZJ9JD/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309830947124&hvpos=1o13&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7765904790629826689&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9007306&hvtargid=pla-582081574514&psc=1

You seem to be about a month or six weeks out from surgery. Are you allowed anything beyond puree's on your plan at this point? I loved Shelly's Ricotta Bake at that stage (still love it.) But there are some great recipes here. http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

I'm 2 years out but still start some days with a Protein Shake because it works for my schedule trying to get out of the house quickly in the morning. I do love both eggs and yogurt so I ate a lot of those during purees.

What about tuna or chicken salad? Refried Beans? Ricotta or cottage cheese? Creamed Soups?

Give us an idea of what you are allowed on your plan and we may be able to be more specific with help for you.

On 5/7/2019 at 9:07 AM, Frustr8 said:

Maybe invest in a thermos to carry? I like the Bariatric Advantage B-12 little pills, black cherry taste, one under the tongue, usually do it noonish, resolves pretty quick, Vitamin A & D check with your Bariatric people, see if over-the- counter suffices or whether you'll need a script. Wal-Mart where I get my meds, not sure if it's their policy or Silver Scripts my Medicare part D provider, but I pay a co- pay equal to regular price for Vitamins, even my special Iron pills Ferrocite, which are not a retail type formulation. Most of their Iron is Ferrous Gluconate, Ferrocite,is a different Iron salt. But I don't have all the answers, like most of us, you learn as you go!

I was given B12 shots today which was awesome will get another next month, and was prescribed gummy vitamins will pick those up today. She said my Vit a is fine. So turns out they did a biopsy to my stomach and I have a bacteria. My mom had it as well must be coming from a developing country so that can be in part why my recovery has been so harsh. I can eat pureed and stuff like chicken salad at this point. Dairy and I aren't great friends right now. I got some silken tofu so will try to make that today. And yes I am dehydrated but I try to constantly drink Water is just the eating is so slow then I have to wait for the 30-minute intervals.

also thank you for the cup I will be buying it.