Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Struggling The Last Couple Days

The last couple days have been a struggle for me. I haven’t been getting all my Protein in because foods just make me nauseous and I can’t consume my Vitamins without vomiting. My urine is getting darker, despite the fact that’s I really try to get 60-80oz of Water a day.

Money will make two weeks post-op, I'm really struggling here, I hope I can turn this rough patch around.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Hang in there and keep doing what you're doing.

Fluids are the highest priority. Then Protein. Then the Vitamins. Hang in there. Tiny sips every few minutes will do it. Did you get a prescription for anti nausea medicine like Zofran?

11 hours ago, LoLo130 said:

The last couple days have been a struggle for me. I haven’t been getting all my Protein in because foods just make me nauseous and I can’t consume my Vitamins without vomiting. My urine is getting darker, despite the fact that’s I really try to get 60-80oz of Water a day.

Money will make two weeks post-op, I'm really struggling here, I hope I can turn this rough patch around.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

I've also had problems, just make sure to take antinausea pill before all other pills. Take one pill at a time if you haven't already done so. Also, make sure you take your Protein Shake first. It might sound childish, but if it's a taste problem, just hold nose and swallow. I find myself brushing my teeth to be better right afterwards to avoid an aftertaste. sugar free Jello and pops are allowable. Take one right before you down the second shake. It helps. Then brush again. Have broth. I made a fake Campbell's vegetable Soup that tastes the same as the real thing. Just use a cup of vegetable broth and drop half a beef boullion. Microwave 3 minutes and stir. Add Water as needed to bring down saltiness.

Hoping today is a Good Sunday, yesterday was mffp, woke up and couldn't sleep, went and nibbled Protein at 5AM, don't think my count was high enough to endanger my downward weight plummet. Really hoping to be 210 at months end, at least be 220 or less on Friday this week. Was 224 on last Wednesday, dropping 2 to 3 weekly, probably be weighed again Thursday at Dietician appt, was supposed to see him last Wed but he wasn't able to see me then. OMG I just realized - I am turning into one of those people I used to make fun of, a calorie'Macro freak. Maybe we all reach that point, so I am in the clinic twice in a 8 day span, N.P. happy with my weight results but seeing if I can get balanced better on nutrients that I don't lose to emesis. Precious Pouch has no sense of humor, but I am trying so hard to make this journey perfect with my imperfect self. Go and make myself some home-made kind of Soup , I have something planned, kind of course ground broc- cauli- cheese, got some frozen Green Giant riced broc- cauliflower, going to add that to the soup. Finishing up mixed veggie beef Bone Broth soup, defrost last portion today, maybe lunch as soon as meds settle. Still have to tuck in Calcium and Vitamin D after 2 hours and then space my Ferrocite away from that and food. And I slept in after my protein nibble in the night, didn't get back up until 11, good thing I didn't request a church to pick-up this AM, I would have to gone in leggings and a OSU sweatshirt. Got to get a church dress smaller but still covering up my figure flaws, do I buy an 18 or remain in a 20-22, and hope it doesn't look baggy by the end of the month when I really should attend? My former go-to-church is. hanging like a cancer chemo victim on me. Last time I went that dressed, I ended up in dark slacks and dressy top instead. Poor Old Faithful is ready for the Donation Box, not really sure if it was a 24 or 26, but it looks like a mission barrel survivor and I don't feel like cutting it down somehow. Bye Bye navy 👗 dress, you can find a new home now! I dropped to a 26 after leaving 28-30, stayed there a while, dropped right past 24, barely skimmed through 22, into 20s and now teetering on brink of 18s. Newest dressy top is a 19 Junior and "Thank You God" it fits now like a custom-tailored item! Tried on 18 dress slacks other day, too tight in rise yet, split me like thong panties, yet I'm going to slid out of my 2 pairs of 20-22 dress slacks if I don't figure a way of elasticizing them smaller, starting to gap where my booty used to be, Baby has round butt cheeks instead of a shelf of flesh back there, used to make Sir MixALot short of breath, if it continues, I may look " normal" or dare I say, flattened? Oh,i thought I was cursed with Big Mama- good until my dying day, this RNY tool is working but like many other tools I am not that far from clumsy with it. Oh I will get better. & coordinated with practice!

Sip warm liquids all day, Bone Broth went down easier than thick shakes. Shakes became an aversion. Try Isopure Protein ready-made blue raspberry or punch, it saved me because it is clear, I diluted it with crystal light lemonade.