Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was your comorbidity(s)?

I have read in a few places that a few different insurances have approved payment for patience who have different comorbidities other than the main ones. If you have had a different comorbidities that lead you to being approved I would love to hear about it. I was tested negative for OSA and am now wondering if I have anything that my insurance would except. I have GERD with possible Hiatal Hernia, recent neck surgery and had two discs replaced and a bladder sling put in for bladder incontinence. Which I still do have a mild case of it when I sneeze or work out. I also have Presbyterian insurance. I would love to hear all you have to say.

Thanks, Stephie

Edited by Goal_Digger

27 minutes ago, Goal_Digger said:

What was your comorbidity(s)?

@Goal_Digger

high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes

my personal comorbidity : being fat, tired and sad😒

good luck with approval

kathy

My comorbidities were sleep apnea, high blood pressure

Gerd,sleep apnea , they allowed arthritis as a lesser comorb since I have had since age 25 psychological well'being since denial in February, PCP concerned I might harm myself, wouldn't I had an uncle comitted suicide about a year and half before my birth. I always wondered if he would have liked me, because majority on Daddy's side did not. My daddy and Uncle Clement were closest in age, almost Irish twins, you seldom saw one without the other, and i saw how hard it was for him to talk about it 15-20 years later. I vowed them and there I WOULD NEVER subject.. my children or anyone who,loved me to such a thing! And that is a vow I have kept 60 years. My moderately severe depression took the form of apathy, barely eating, relating minimally with people, I basically gave,up for a period of time. Then I clumb out of the slippery sided blue pit of depression, enough to try one more and then when i attended prelimerary meeting I liked what I heard, people were welcoming to me, and it has been ACES every since, every member of the Bariatric staff is wonferful, and I feel it was the making, remaking and emotional growth I have achieved. If I had a million dollars, I would donate it all in gratitude for the change in me. so I had enough wrong to have my surgery even if I slipped below 40. And I didn't declare another motivating factor, my cousin June-Ellen who died of esophageal cancer at the Cleveland Clinic, only 4 years younger.

And when I was sitting in my blue funk, not eating -all I lost was 7,5 pounds because I did not do exercises or anything.But I feel better, stronger, my own woman now, and I am going to be a success, just watch and see!

My comorbidities were type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and sleep apnea. My BMI was over 40, so I qualified without any comorbidities, but I had them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had knee surgery 2 years ago and was diagnosed with arthritis then, I also have grade 3 chondromalacia which is basically where the cartilage in my knee looks like crab meat because it's so thin and inflamed. I was also diagnosed with non-erosive reflux after my EGD along with intestinal metaplasia at the stomach and duodenal junction. Hoping that will help even though my BMI is at 42 right now so I qualify based on that.

Yep very high glucose levels diabetes; high cholesterol, high BP, BMI over 40 anyway!

BMI ⬆40, verified sleep apnea, COPD, they allowed for secondary Prediabetes and Arthritis of ⬆✊57 years durations aBout since my insurance was PRIMARY Medicare and SECONDARY,Ohio Medicaid, the only one I needed to satisfy was,⬆40 BMI, one,of the few,benefits of being Greater than 65, and take my word, in American society that is a Perk. In Global,Society,i would be considered a Wise 🚺 Woman , something to be treasured, instead O am considered Old as Dirt, if,i am considered at all.

I think different insurance companies require different comorbites. Mine requires none if your over 40bmi but if your under you must be above 35bmi and at least 1 of the comorbites. I have high bp, overactive bladder, arthrites and high cholesterol and possibly autoimmune condition. So I hope that one of them will work. You can Google your insurance and bastric sugery and it should show which comorbites they are asking for as a requirement for your surgery. We got this, hang in there. Get as much info you can get then you will know what to expect and maybe even be a voice in the whole process.

I had a BMI of 37 ish and comorbidity of sleep apnea, Barrett’s esophagus, borderline diabetic, high blood pressure.. which made me a candidate according to Tufts insurance..started liquid diet mid January at 240... now 176ish.. doctors scale with clothes on.. 171at home!!!.. no more sleep apnea, no prediabetic, no high blood pressure.. NO ACID F?€*%lNG REFLUX

Edited by Carrot64

And Yippee Skipee for You and our side of the world!🌏And reflux-free, that's worth most everything you can ask for!

I had fatty liver, high cholesterol, asthma, GERD, gastroparesis and if the sleep study is positive then sleep apnea. I have Cigna through work. Oh my BMI is 36.4

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

BMI 35, UHC insurance

comorbids: GERD, osteoarthritis, degenerative joint and disc disease, depression

My BP is perfect, cholesterol is great, not diabetic, no sleep apnea

first letter approval

surgery is tomorrow for me, BMI is now 34

Edited by LLaneRN

Unfortunately, I am one of the healthiest fat people my doctor has seen. I had to self pay for my lap band, but this time I'm trying to get insurance to pay. The only thing I came up with I finally got diagnosed with apnea and I have bad knees and they can't hold up under the load they have to carry.