Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was your comorbidity(s)?

On 5/24/2019 at 6:03 AM, Frustr8 said:

BMI ⬆40, verified sleep apnea, COPD, they allowed for secondary Prediabetes and Arthritis of ⬆57 years durations aBout since my insurance was PRIMARY Medicare and SECONDARY,Ohio Medicaid, the only one I needed to satisfy was,⬆40 BMI, one,of the few,benefits of being Greater than 65, and take my word, in American society that is a Perk. In Global,Society,i would be considered a Wise 🚺 Woman , something to be treasured, instead O am considered Old as Dirt, if,i am considered at all.

65 is still young.. it’s time for your second act and the best part of your life !! You made the choice to put yourself first and chose the path to wellness!!

That I did, that I did!😝❤😝

None. I had a BMI of over 50 with no comorbidities.

Hey Stardust, it works, it works! What is your BMI down to now? Dug out my older paperwork, see I NEVER seem to throw things away- BMI 52,6 at first encounter with my surgeon's Head Nurse Practitioner Valerien I think she does all his intakes, almost exactly to the day 1 year ago. Proud to boast it is now 31.1 or it was last Saturday the 25th. Do you KNoW what this means? 30 is the boundary between Obese and merely Overweight! Oh I AM NOT STOPPING- I have gone through peaks,valleys and bumps on my Weight Loss Pathway, even a couple quagmires. Come too G.D. far to ever consider regressing, and so I never shall! I no longer need a wide angle for my "selfies" just a normal gauge 📷 camera. I wish areas of my skin would tighten up, but after being stretched So Longn there is no SnapBack, loop it off or its just gonna hang there. I have on my Very First Jegging, oh I am still,a little bulgy, but IDC, I DON'T CARE, it still is a triumph for ME! Nobody realizes how envious I was of everyone else who Could wear Jeggings before. I would go to Wal-Mart, go to the appropriate department and sniffle💦a lot, because it JUST WASN'T FAIR,just because I was BIG it shouldn't mean I was invisible. I knew , like the Velveteen Rabbit, I was "real".

I had a 40 BMI, so I was approved anyway, but my comorbidities were Obstructive sleep Apnea and GERD

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches