Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stricture- How do you deal with the awful feeling you're going to throw up?

Ugh. So sorry LastMinuteLouise left you without a ride to your appointment. At least you can go tomorrow and don't have to wait too long. My surgeon says we'll try a second dilation in 7-10 days. It was a long day!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had bouts of salivating for 10-20 minutes and dry heaving for another 20 minutes two to three hours after dinner for almost a year before they figured out what was wrong A five hour surgery later fixed the problem

thank goodness for columbia Presbyterian in NYC

Hang in there best of luck

I had bouts of salivating for 10-20 minutes and dry heaving for another 20 minutes two to three hours after dinner for almost a year before they figured out what was wrong A five hour surgery later fixed the problem

thank goodness for columbia Presbyterian in NYC

Hang in there best of luck

Thanks, Steven1954! Was that when they diagnosed your stricture, ir afterwards? They think the inflammation from the stricture was causing the foamies. Hope it doesn't happen every time I have the dilation. Not fun. Hope I don't need a stent either.

And it might sound unbelievable but post - Endoscopy I never slimed or had foamies. Until you brought it up, I hadn't reflected on it that much. They told me each time for a week make sure you're using your C-Pap, well I usually use Uncle Snuffly anyway so no problem there.
Yeah I was able to reschedule for Wednesday at noon. Only time they really had until July. Guess they might be centering on a new crop of Bariatric Seekers. Well it's 8 months for me, wonder if I still get an 10 month appointment or whether I wait until 1 year? I don't think I am following. their usual game plan!👈👸👉

Briswife; regarding the stent, I was an extreme case. I had the band for with years. The last two did a tremendous amount of damage to esophagus

and stomach. When I had the bypass The nurse came out after 4 hrs and told my significant other that he had just started the bypass because of the amount of scar tissue and damage

the scarring came back quickly causing the stomach to intestine junction to be too small and eventually closing up Very rare problem that can't be fixed with just one or two ballon endoscopes. Good luck with your endoscopy

My issue right now is that I don't know if I have a stricture or if it's just some sort of norovirus gastroenteritis. Since switching to full liquids, I haven't vomited, even though I've definitely felt nauseous.

Ellf, what does your surgeon say? With an upper GI test they can see a stricture quite clearly. Are you in pain? Do you have pressure in your chest where your pouch is? You shouldn't wait, but consult your surgeon. My dilation was an emergency because I couldn't even handle fluids. The stricture was so severe it was as narrow as a pin hole!!

And I am reporting, in. Had to postpone until yesterday, had to not see the Head Nurse-Practioner Valerie but Shannon. Valerie also does the entrance visits for new people, they must have a big crop because she had nothing available until July. Shannon is pretty okay, not quite as grounded and sure of herself. Oohed and ahhed about my weight loss. Said my stomach ouch is not inflamed at the endiscopy, the stoma although still very small is patent. That means things should start moving down better. Then we come to my ulcers, they are still there in the jejumen, New theory , they have a narrowed the lumen(width) to such an extent that stuff isn't digesting well until you get to the point where stomach remaining secretions, bile and pancreatic juices get reintroduced downstream. So I will,have another endoscopy late June or into July, if thi,ngs are worse or even the same 8-to-5 chance I will require surgery. Usually by 6-8 months you're healed. And no, they didn't expect it, no way of guessing I will. have this problem. Stay on same level of diet, try to get Protein more, vegan/ vegetarian okay if I still am having trouble with Greek yogurt, cottage cheese and most meats. High Protein levels will help me heal, be sure to take all meds and. minerals to keep a healthy basis in case of possible surgery. And she thinks I look great, I think still I look like Road Kill! But maybe I am over- critical with myself.

And I am reporting, in. Had to postpone until yesterday, had to not see the Head Nurse-Practioner Valerie but Shannon. Valerie also does the entrance visits for new people, they must have a big crop because she had nothing available until July. Shannon is pretty okay, not quite as grounded and sure of herself. Oohed and ahhed about my weight loss. Said my stomach ouch is not inflamed at the endiscopy, the stoma although still very small is patent. That means things should start moving down better. Then we come to my ulcers, they are still there in the jejumen, New theory , they have a narrowed the lumen(width) to such an extent that stuff isn't digesting well until you get to the point where stomach remaining secretions, bile and pancreatic juices get reintroduced downstream. So I will,have another endoscopy late June or into July, if thi,ngs are worse or even the same 8-to-5 chance I will require surgery. Usually by 6-8 months you're healed. And no, they didn't expect it, no way of guessing I will. have this problem. Stay on same level of diet, try to get Protein more, vegan/ vegetarian okay if I still am having trouble with Greek yogurt, cottage cheese and most meats. High Protein levels will help me heal, be sure to take all meds and. minerals to keep a healthy basis in case of possible surgery. And she thinks I look great, I think still I look like Road Kill! But maybe I am over- critical with myself.
I'm sure you don't look like road kill!! LOL!
Thanks for your report. I hope you will not need surgery after your next endoscopy in June/July. So you can progress to soft food now? My next endoscopy is May 17th. 2 weeks from tomorrow. I have to stay on full liquids until after that.

20 hours ago, Briswife15 said:

Ellf, what does your surgeon say? With an upper GI test they can see a stricture quite clearly. Are you in pain? Do you have pressure in your chest where your pouch is? You shouldn't wait, but consult your surgeon. My dilation was an emergency because I couldn't even handle fluids. The stricture was so severe it was as narrow as a pin hole!!

Surgeon said he wasn't sure. Since I can keep fluids down. I don't have pressure there, just a nausea that's actually at the bottom of my gut. The nurse practitioner attached to the practice though the vomiting might just be because of reheating my chicken on Tuesday, meaning it lost moisture.

I'm a bit better now. New nausea meds are mostly working, and I'm keeping fluids down.

Surgeon said he wasn't sure. Since I can keep fluids down. I don't have pressure there, just a nausea that's actually at the bottom of my gut. The nurse practitioner attached to the practice though the vomiting might just be because of reheating my chicken on Tuesday, meaning it lost moisture.

I'm a bit better now. New nausea meds are mostly working, and I'm keeping fluids down.

Glad you're a bit better! Hopefully things will keep on improving for you.

Honestly, I'm mostly happy with my journey so far. 40 lbs down from surgery day. I can actually use my wife's dial scale rather than my digital one. Still 20 lbs to go before I hit my first goal milestone.

I have had two endoscopies with dilation. I had my surgery on March 13, had first endoscopy on April 11, had second endoscopy on May 7. Frustrating beyond belief. Surgeon said that this probably won't be the last time I have this done. Hoping I get more than 4 weeks out of this last one. Not sure how this happens, but it down right stinks!