Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have sleep apnea, type 2 diabetes and neuropathy. I’m 5’3 and 196 lbs. I have surgery May 1st.

Hi Friday
You are close to what I was. I have had great success. Should hit 115 at the 6 month mark. Then I will move to maintenance and work on toning up.

Yes I did.
I would recommend some chewable gas x pills and remember to get up and walk at least every hour or more. I also got a belly binder. It really helps! I swear by them. Used it after giving birth to all 5 of my kids. It helps you feel not as sore. You don’t need an expensive one for after the surgery. Something cheap off Amazon.

I was there most of the day. Had to be there I think 2 hrs before surgery then the last surgery went longer than expected. My doc did surgery’s by weight. Heaviest first. I was slow to come out of anesthesia and then had to recover, Walk and pee before I could leave. The pain medicine had to wear off before I could leave also. Then I had to take what the doc prescribed me. Which I can’t remember. I did for sure take it like clockwork the first night and next day. I had to have someone drive me for my morning doc appointment the day after surgery. By 48 hrs after surgery I was feeling pretty good! Sore but good.
I could only stomach the chewable vitamins for so long. It was like eating chalk. I ordered the Patches from Bariatric pal. Used those for 1-2 months and then I ordered their multi Vitamin. Only one pill so I love that. Good size with no issue swallowing it and didn’t upset my stomach. I use nature’s made for Calcium. My 3 month blood work came back good. I know some people say the patch Vitamins aren’t good. My doc said they haven’t seen any issues with them and a lot of his patients use them.
My hair has thinned. No bald patches yet and hopefully non to come. I did struggle to get my Protein in. My doc said that people who didn’t hit their protein goals seemed to have a harder time with Hair loss. But I also lost a lot of hair after each of my babies. So I think for me it is hormonal as well.
I have no regrets. My pre surgery medical issues are gone. I feel fantastic. I had a great experience. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

I’m gonna order the one a day from Bariatric pal. I’m so happy for you! I’m struggling with this preop diet. It’s only a week. But, I ate a small piece of pizza last night. Oops!

I had bmi of 37, 164cm and 101.4kg. 6 and half months out I have bmi of 26, weigh 70kg and feel fantastic. I couldn't get enough Protein in as Protein Drinks made me sick and had a lot of Hair loss (but did after my babies too), it's all growing back now, I have short hairs all over my head 😂 I'm good about taking my Vitamins, cod liver oil and extra magnesium.

I'm so glad I had the surgery 😁😁