Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just starting my journey. Had my first apt on the first with my surgeon, having my endoscopy on the 22nd, my nutritionist apt the 9th. .l also have been on a dr supervised weight loss program for close to 2 years now which she is currently writing up a paper to submit stating why she feels I’m a good candidate as well. My paperwork is coming together... but however, I’m just really thinking this is going to all be for nothing because insurance will deny me. I think it states I have to be with a BMI of 35+ for at least a year and I think I was at a BMI of 34 around nov before it started to go up.... not sure if that’s where they might snag me if they ask for records first? I’m barely squeaking by with BMI even though I have severe hypertension and need a knee replacement. I have my insurance requirements printed out and I’m trying to make sure I line all my ducks in a row but I can’t shake this feeling they’ll snag me somewhere... anyone have an issue getting approved when they were on the lower BMI side?

i got denied 7 times, i had to prove it was medically necessary, it wasnt because it was below the bmi its because they dont want to pay. insurance sucks, dont worry though the doctor knows what to say