Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yup. I regret this.

Right now allergies here are crazy stupid and I spent almost all of last week miserable with sinus crap.
I had a regularly scheduled Dr appt last week and she offered me a steroid shot.
I refused it and told her I’d just have to get over it more slowly on my own.
Today is about the first day I’ve felt like I’m turning the corner, so I’m really glad I turned down the shot

Yeah, I know what you mean, told my PCP if steroids were so good why didn't he take it for ME? Was in a feisty mood that day!

Oh poor you! :(

I definitely had moments where I regretted it. When I was throwing up every time I ate. And hot flushes constantly. I now have extreme indigestion (Like crying and vomiting and not being able to stop pacing or sleep or do anything for hours and hours at a time). Nothing as bad as what you are explaining, but it's been tough. Still is at times.

But overall- a year on- worth it. In fact husband and I were discussing the best things that happened in 2018 on New Years Eve and we both agreed to Gastric Sleeve for me, was the best thing we did. It was expensive and terrifying and has been hard but I am down 90 pounds. I'm still way above ideal weight. And I lost nothing at first. But I have more energy. I feel better about the world- less depressed. I'm better at work, because I don't feel as judged or unworthy. Still not able to conceive (this was the point for us) but feel like we may get there soonish.

Give it time before you beat yourself up about it! 4 months is nothing in the long run. Terrible right now... but in three years it may seem like a little blip.

I really hope it all gets better for you!

xxx

9 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

Yeah, I know what you mean, told my PCP if steroids were so good why didn't he take it for ME? Was in a feisty mood that day!

When are you not in a feisty mood? =p

Oh at this particular moment I am mildly mellow. You see I have been undergrowing Tomkitten . Drum Roll Please, I am today 234.6, all who started in the 200s are visibly yawning at this point but children , Frustr8 was once 365+ , that makes 130 pounds down, and 84.3 pounds since my RnY surgery on September 5th 2018. I might just achieve my dreams, still got to work at it; as weather gets better gonna walk more, if i get dizzy, fall over. well I'm just will take a mini- break and then keep on. I now weigh close to 20 pounds less than Tomkitten, today he got the jaundiced eye from PCP, this worm turned into butterfly trying to dry those weak little wings out and then I just might try to fly. Maybe my rump will keep losing, didn't need that ballast anyway, know enough fat has gone that I'm sore sitting on hard chairs. Maybe I will be on onederland by summer after all! Valerie. Dr Needleman's Right Hand N.P. said she would be contented with sub- 200, we will see, if it does not destroy my fragments of health, I still worry it a little inside, I would like to aim for my 175, even though I have not been there since my,early adolescence, I find myself wanting to see what a 73 year old can do after all! But absolutely positively not regretful today. Tomorrow, don't know whether my emotions will be sunny and bright, just got I wait and see!

I agree about seeing your GP. If you still take BP meds, they may need to be decreased or stopped and increasing your Water would be a good idea.