Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh! I feel like it’s not going down.

I am 16 days out from my sleeve. I’ve been doing so good. Handling the new foods food. I woke up this morning with such a full feeling right under my breasts in the middle. It won’t go away. It’s so much pressure and kind of hurts when I breathe. What is it? And what can I do to make it go away? It’s so uncomfortable!!!!!!!

That sensation would make me very nervous if it lasted overnight, but keep in mind I am a very anxious person! I've had that sensation in the first couple weeks of my surgery when I would eat too quickly or take a bite too much. The latter happens even now when I make a mistake, but the sensation goes away within half an hour or so once the food has moved down.

How bad is the pain? I wonder if something could possibly have gotten 'stuck?' I'm new to weight loss surgery, so maybe some others will pop in here to give their experiences. I would say though if the pain continues, maybe contact your team and speak with them about it. If it becomes even more painful when you try to breathe, you might even consider a doctor's appt. I know that pulmonary emboli can cause pain in the chest when breathing in. Are you struggling to get air at all?

If you are having true pain when you breathe I suggest a trip to the ER to get checked for PE.

I’ve felt this way in the beginning and it subsided after a few days, but I woke up this morning and it has been feeling this way ever since. It doesn’t hurt me bad enough to go to the hospital....but I mean it is very uncomfortable and it is painful when I take a deep breath.

5 minutes ago, mayglow2007 said:

I’ve felt this way in the beginning and it subsided after a few days, but I woke up this morning and it has been feeling this way ever since. It doesn’t hurt me bad enough to go to the hospital....but I mean it is very uncomfortable and it is painful when I take a deep breath.

Yeah, I had the same sensations in the beginning, and even had some scary symptoms that I thought were possibly PE (or a leak) which just ended up being the gas they pump into you during surgery. I had the same sensation you mentioned, but also pain between my shoulderblades and in my left shoulder.

I would still say to be cautious of it, and if it gets worse at all, please see a doctor because PE is very scary. At the very least, call your team and talk to them about it to get their advice. Definitely keep an eye on the pain, and if you have any trouble breathing at all, that's when I would head to the ER.