Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve in 2014, acid reflux out of control.. revision was approved yesterday.. presurgery consult next Monday, will get surgery date then... nervous and have no idea what to expect#otherthanacidilovtsleeve

with the sleeve surgery I remember having pain where they removed my belly, what pain did you have with bypass right after surgery? What is recovery like?

My surgeon says the surgery itself will take about 3-4 hours and she said she has her revision patients “take it slow”! Afterwards...

Edited by ren0318
Miss spelling

I am in the process of the same type process. I have been very successful with my sleeve, however the acid reflux is out of control. I have had every test known to man this last 2 months and I am FINALLY almost to the point to get my surgery date to revise me to RNY - I also am so so nervous.

I don't specifically want to lose anymore weight, I am 5'6 and 143lbs, so I am happy with this and have maintained for well over a year. Do you suspect you would have more weight loss with the revision? I mean, in my mind I think that I probably wouldn't due to the fact I am at a healthy weight now and maintain a healthy diet.

What are you thoughts? BEST of luck, and keep the updates coming !

I just met with the surgeon today to discuss the reflux. I was sleeved in 2015 and did great initially. 5 months out and the reflux and pain started. Gall bladder removed, no help. Was unable to keep with the bariatric diet due to reflux, nausea, and vomiting. Have gained back most of the weight lost. It seems simple carbs, and never letting my stomach get empty is the way I have been surviving. Surgeon is pretty certain that revision will solve my problems. And he said this is a medical necessity and will happen sooner rather than later. They will be calling tomorrow to schedule. I'm anxious but excited. My life and health have revolved around this for so long. Keeping fingers and toes crossed.

I love my sleeve and I too have had great results with it!! I am scared about the surgery, certainly never thought I’d have one surgery let alone two! I’m at goal weight my BMI is 25! I don’t want to list anymore, they say I should not lose “much” I hope they are right..they keep says the pouch is so much smaller than The sleeve, I feel like I barely eat anything now! I have gone back and forth about this for a long time! But the acid is going to cause damage so, at this point I don’t think I have a choice!