Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

gerd/vomiting and bypass

I have intractable vomiting after my sleeve surgery. I vomit 10-20 times a day, every day for nearly 5 years. I have had 4 years of being rejected by surgeons for any type of surgical fix due to complications of my previous sleeve- including a stroke caused by severe dehydration. all surgeons report bypass is my only fix but no one has wanted to touch me. I have finally found a surgeon willing to try to fix me. has anyone else had similar issues and did bypass help resolve them?

Wowsers this makes my urping up RnY pouch minor league in comparison, I hope you've found an answer in this new surgeon and he can do the magic to make you All Better. Prayers being sent on your behalf, please do keep us all updated, you have had a real struggle there!

Yes, wow. Sorry for your issues. I had pretty bad GERD pre-op but post op I have not had any issues - hopefully that gives you hope in your search.

I also have severe cyclical vomiting syndrome post sleeve surgery. My biggest complication is that I'm a chronic pain patient and I'm constantly going in and out of withdrawal symptoms because I cant keep my meds down. I cant find any information about this anywhere I'm in starting to get very freaked out.

Well I'm vomiting again, my mind. wrote a check my body was loathe to honor. I made something that really sounded so good, smelled good, didn't even taste all that bad , 2 tablespoons worth and back up it came. PCP told me yesterday I was looking good, still proud of my Weight loss, well he need not take credit, I am the one leading the life, trying to stay nourished on my miniscule amounts of Protein and veggies when I can. Oh I do take my Vitamins, my minerals, my sundry other meds. I'm not so much regretful as innately amazed I am not eating 1/3 to 1/2 C of varied foods at 7 months. I swear I am not going to look at the before & after food postings, then like a person driving by an traffic accident, I just have to look, shake my head , cry a little for what I saw. and then just move on.
And every time I visit the Bariatric Clinic they give me a summary stating I am doing well for the month I am in, at least that was on the 5 month paper, I don't have an appointment with the Doctor until April 30th, that's on the verge of 8 months. I do have an EGJ scheduled for April 12th, I do hope it actually is Dr Noria, January 25th I was palmed off on a Resident, senior as he might be, it was not the same and I did not glean the information I was seeking. He was proud of stretching my stomal opening, I was more concerned about the state of my ulcerations, am I healing or not? Besides my stoma has a habit of narrowing back down, did it twice for Dr Noria. So stretching without a stent is an exercise in futility. And lastly I felt he had a flippant attitude, I am serious regarding my body. May joke other places but this is my very life we are dealing with.

I had daily vomiting for about 10 years with a vertical silastic ring gastroplasty. I had a revision to bypass 5 weeks ago and I can already tell a significant difference. I wish I had not waited so long.