Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weird post surgery things



Recommended Posts

Never thought I would be the type of person to crave lunch meat in the middle of the night... but I suppose my body is telling me something.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah, probably" Let's go make a snack" at least it isn't a big chunk of chocolate layer 🎂.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah... I started eating Nuts like it was the Zombie Apocalypse and I'd never see them again 😓. I *forced* myself to slow down but it was a problem for a while...

I like this thread !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank goodness you're craving lunch meat and not cake. 🙂 I received some bad news yesterday and started to comfort myself by eating a donut, but I took one bite and didn't like it, so I'm really glad I didn't follow through with the bad habit of using food and I'm glad I didn't like the taste anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm craving either plain ol chocolate or salty pretzels. Nuts help with the pretzel craving but haven't figured out how to deal with the chocolate craving yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Could you stir a pinch of cocoa and some stevia into some yogurt?, the vanilla usually enhances the chocolate, taste. That's the first thing that comes to mind, I think maybe Hershey might make a sugar-free Syrup, I know Smuckers makes a diet version of their caramel ice cream topping, so why wouldn't a big place like Hershey/Reese Cups do the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:50 AM, Frustr8 said:

Could you stir a pinch of cocoa and some stevia into some yogurt?, the vanilla usually enhances the chocolate,taste. That's the first thing that comes to mind, I think maybe Hershey might make a sugar-free Syrup, I know Smuckers makes a diet version of their caramel ice cream topping, so why wouldn't a big place like Hershey/Reese Cups do the same?

Hershey's does make a sugar-free Syrup and it's only 5 calories per TBSP. I keep it in my house to help get me through those chocolate cravings. Not going to lie...I have gotten a tablespoon and squirted the syrup into that and just eaten it out of the measuring spoon. The chocolate struggle is real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still just want a freaking SALAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crunchy, savory, yummy salad!

Other than a tootsie pop at a basketball game, I have not had a sweet since prior to pre-op diet. Oddly, I crave salty/spicy almost entirely. Tried to eat pho....epic fail. couldn't get much at all down the hatch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 3:03 AM, Frustr8 said:

Yeah, probably" Let's go make a snack" at least it isn't a big chunk of chocolate layer 🎂.

Yep! So grateful I am craving meat and not junk food! Very weird though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Myhorseisfattoo said:

I still just want a freaking SALAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crunchy, savory, yummy salad!

Other than a tootsie pop at a basketball game, I have not had a sweet since prior to pre-op diet. Oddly, I crave salty/spicy almost entirely. Tried to eat pho....epic fail. couldn't get much at all down the hatch!

I have been craving salad also. I went out out with a few friends yesterday and one ordered this salad that looked amazing! I was actually jealous of her salad. I am way too nervous to try any though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 8:44 AM, GradyCat said:

Thank goodness you're craving lunch meat and not cake. 🙂 I received some bad news yesterday and started to comfort myself by eating a donut, but I took one bite and didn't like it, so I'm really glad I didn't follow through with the bad habit of using food and I'm glad I didn't like the taste anymore.

Yeah, this time it wasn't a "You need comfort yourself" craving. My body woke up with a mission was like "You need to eat some meat now!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 10:23 AM, samantha814 said:

Hershey's does make a sugar-free Syrup and it's only 5 calories per TBSP. I keep it in my house to help get me through those chocolate cravings. Not going to lie...I have gotten a tablespoon and squirted the Syrup into that and just eaten it out of the measuring spoon. The chocolate struggle is real.

I find that Hershey's sugar free syrup tastes terrible. Ive tried making hot chocolate with it but am disappointed everytime :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 8:37 AM, GreenTealael said:

Yeah... I started eating Nuts like it was the Zombie Apocalypse and I'd never see them again 😓. I *forced* myself to slow down but it was a problem for a while...

I like this thread !

Have not tried nuts yet but have eaten some popcorn, realized it was a slider and am now refusing to buy popcorn for my apt lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologize to everyone for the spam of responses all at once! My life has been a hectic mess lately!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
But it has got to turn around and get better! Brand New Month, Brand new challenges, but YOU can meet them and win the War!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Surgeons

    1. Masoud Rezvani

      Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

    2. Lisa Medvetz

      Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Jen M

      2019 - A New Year and a New Start on life!!!!
      On 3/14 - I went into the Hospital at 6am to have my surgery <the sleeve>.   My weigh at that time was 278 pounds.   On this day I was in and out of it I don't remember a whole lot I just remember being in a lot of pain.
      On 3/15 - They made me get up and walk a few times in the middle of the night and walk doctor came in and I was able to be discharged if I was eating and doing everything on his little checklist.   I went home at 6pm.  All I remember was going home crawling into bed and taking more pain medicine it felt like I got hit in the stomach about 50 times.
      On 3/16 - I know they say that walking is the best thing you can do after having surgeries but I was not feeling it at all every time I sat up, I got dizzy needless to say this day I didn't get much walking in and the smell of food just made me gag.  I couldn't even take the pain medicine that was in liquid form.  I stayed in bed for most of the day.
      On 3/17 - I did a lot better on this day I was actually able to eat a little bit of Jell-O and drink a little bit of broth.    Still can't seem to take that pain medicine without wanting to gag.   I definitely have been able to keep down water and even had my nephew take a little bit of Crystal Light and some ice chips and mix it in a bullet to make like a slushie.  That was yummy!
      This brings me to today 3/18 - I have been trying to drink protein water to get protein in my body. I was able to eat some Jell-O today and keep it down. I also was able to sit up for 5 hours and was able to be sociable again.  I was also finally able to take some pain medicine again without gagging <Thank God>.     Pain is slowly going away.   I have my first one week doctor visit on 3/20 so we will see how that goes
       
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • MG1776

      I'm a finisher of a half marathon! Completed yesterday on a beautiful day to run. My hips and Knee are pretty angry with me today, but we finished at 2:19. Not bad for my first half. I was able to run with my wife, so that made it much nicer and easier to get through
      · 1 reply
      1. GreenTealael

        🔥CONGRATULATIONS🔥

    • The 56 Bypass

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • cristobal

      I've been approved! Surgery March 28 2019.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ms.sss

      Tonight, I swallowed my semi-horse-pill-sized multi-vitamin without wanting to hurl!
      So long, expensive chewable multi-vitamin, from now I can buy the cheaper, tablet vites at Costco.
      Next: try to swallow the actual horse-pill-sized calcium pills without wanting to hurl....
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Magazine Articles

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×