Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chick-fil-a : post op

Hi,

I just had surgery January 19th and I'm doing great! I don't miss bread like I thought I would. I plan on being dedicated to the post op diet as long as possible and making real life changes with my eating habits. I have, in the past, been great at dieting but it's harder now with my work schedule. The one thing I've always craved is Chick fil a. I would seriouslsy cut back on Portion Control and eat it once in a blue moon but I still got it. I don't intend on trying it any time soon, I'm still on the liquid phase. But I know myself and know I'll want a cheat day in the next few months. How long did it take to try the kids meal nuggets or grilled chicken? I know everyone reacts and heals different, I'm just curious what to expect.

I just had some chicken nuggets yesterday, 6 weeks post-op, and then went down okay.

1 hour ago, Newbie1.19.19 said:

I'm still on the liquid phase. But I know myself and know I'll want a cheat day in the next few months

Congrats on your Jan 19th surgery. We are all adults. food choices and behavior change are yours. The only one that has to be happy with your weight loss results is you.

Edited by Healthy_life

6 wks post op on Tuesday. have not had chicken yet but figuring to start out with a nice rotisserie chicken from Sam's. very soft and flavorful.

I had a chicken tender at 3 weeks post op… wasn't thinking and was out and about. Not good. It didn't stay put for long and I had my first (and so far only) serious case of dumping syndrome. I'll probably never eat another chicken tender again in my life! My own stupid fault, but live and learn LOL

4 hours ago, Newbie1.19.19 said:

Hi,

I just had surgery January 19th and I'm doing great! I don't miss bread like I thought I would. I plan on being dedicated to the post op diet as long as possible and making real life changes with my eating habits. I have, in the past, been great at dieting but it's harder now with my work schedule. The one thing I've always craved is Chick fil a. I would seriouslsy cut back on Portion Control and eat it once in a blue moon but I still got it. I don't intend on trying it any time soon, I'm still on the liquid phase. But I know myself and know I'll want a cheat day in the next few months. How long did it take to try the kids meal nuggets or grilled chicken? I know everyone reacts and heals different, I'm just curious what to expect.

3 weeks post op was when I did and they went down fine. Though from what I can tell from other people's post my doctor doesn't make you stay on the phases very long. You're on unrestricted foods by day 35 post op for my doctor.

Grilled chicken, while healthier, is harder to tolerate. My personal strategy is as long as I keep to 600 calories or so and get my Protein for the day and make generally good choices, it is ok to work in something like chicken nuggets. I I wouldn't have them often because they are high in fat so they have a lot of calories for a small portion, but they are ok once in a while unless they are a trigger food for you. Chicken nuggets wouldn't be a trigger food for me, but other things, like chewy carbs are, so I try to stay away from those.

Grilled chicken, while healthier, is harder to tolerate. My personal strategy is as long as I keep to 600 calories or so and get my Protein for the day and make generally good choices, it is ok to work in something like chicken nuggets. I I wouldn't have them often because they are high in fat so they have a lot of calories for a small portion, but they are ok once in a while unless they are a trigger food for you. Chicken nuggets wouldn't be a trigger food for me, but other things, like chewy carbs are, so I try to stay away from those.

I was able to eat an 8 piece grilled nugget at 8 weeks post op no problems at all! Went down great and is my go to when I am busy!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

Last week (6 weeks post op) I was in a tough position with picking up a friend who just got into Vegas and we were both starving. We went to KFC and I ordered the Nashville hot chicken tenders and a Water. I was able to get a single tender down and saved the rest for the next 2 meals. It never touched my weight loss. I lost a over a pound by the next day. I just wouldn't eat it every day, but I won't be afraid to try it again in a month or two just to change things up.

Chick fil a has chicken tortilla Soup. It's yummy. A small soup without tortillas is 270 calories.

Why don't you set it as a milestone your "cheat day". Looks like you only have 40lbs to lose left so maybe you incorporate it into your life once you reach goal weight. See if you really want and need it at that point?

chicken nuggets from Chil-Fil-A are very, very healthy and have only a few carbs. I still eat them regularly, and I love their chicken tortilla Soup as well! Going on four years post-op and it is still part of my regular eating, lol