Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m 3 days out, 1/17/19, and I’m feeling much better today. I had the worst gas pain in my hips and shoulder. Today, I was able to get out of bed without my fiancé’s help. I’m able to advance to stage 2 (purées) today but really nervous... I’m so tired of Protein Shakes and I’m so tired of the taste of “water”... Gas-X has been my best friend! Anyone have tips for starting to work out? So nervous! I want to get the scale moving but not hurt myself!!

Yeah, you'll hurt yourself if you try to do anything besides walking this early out. Just take it easy, you don't want to end up back in the hospital. I'm amazed you aren't on liquids only for at least 2 weeks. Every plan is different. Good luck.

Yeah, you'll hurt yourself if you try to do anything besides walking this early out. Just take it easy, you don't want to end up back in the hospital. I'm amazed you aren't on liquids only for at least 2 weeks. Every plan is different. Good luck.
Yeah, my plan is very different from a lot of people's here as well. The first-second day is liquids here, the third-fourth is purees, and for the next 3 weeks after is soft foods. After that one can transition on to a regular diet - some certain foods like seeds, nuts, the peels of fruits and vegetables, Etc.

Sent from my H60-L04 using BariatricPal mobile app

37 minutes ago, LustyDraconianMaid said:

Yeah, my plan is very different from a lot of people's here as well. The first-second day is liquids here, the third-fourth is purees, and for the next 3 weeks after is soft foods. After that one can transition on to a regular diet - some certain foods like seeds, nuts, the peels of fruits and vegetables, Etc

I think a lot of the bariatric centers are finding that it is better to progress quicker. I went to my class and was given literature that was outdated 6 months later when I actually had my surgery. I seen the NUT right before my surgery and she went through my binder crossing out and correcting a lot of pages. I think they are finding that getting away from liquid type foods sooner might prevent scar tissue build up strictures.

I’m 3 days out, 1/17/19, and I’m feeling much better today. I had the worst gas pain in my hips and shoulder. Today, I was able to get out of bed without my fiancé’s help. I’m able to advance to stage 2 (purées) today but really nervous... I’m so tired of Protein Shakes and I’m so tired of the taste of “water”... Gas-X has been my best friend! Anyone have tips for starting to work out? So nervous! I want to get the scale moving but not hurt myself!!
Wow! You're on purees already!? Thats great. I am 6 days out (1/15/19) and im on full-liquids (hot cereals, yogurt, Protein Shakes, etc) which started 5days post-op. I will start purees Day 10 (1/24/19) and I can not wait. I'll be so happy bec it will be easier to get more Protein in. I also had a hiatial hernia repair, but the food plan stayed the same. Yes, the gas drops they gave me at the hospital works great.

Although my program encouraged us to start some form of exercise as soon as discharge, I have been listening to how my body is responding. Ive been walking at Walmart, the grocery store and running errands and doing light home arm and leg lifts and that has been about the most I have been able to tolerate. When I returned home, I had to take an Oxcycodone. I will try walking on the treadmill, using the bike and arm aerobic machine at the gym 2moro. Everyone's regimen is diff, but listen to your body and your team. The most important thing is to keep regualr movement esp the first 2wks to prevent pulmonary embolisms. Even if that means walking back & forth to the bathroom 10xs consecutively or around your house for at least 10mins. Remember, your internal stitches and staple line has not fully healed yet and your organs are still a bit swollen.

Regarding the scale moving, we were told that it may show that we've actually gained for the first 1-2 weeks bec of all the gas and internal swelling. As long as we follow all the medical recommendations, we will lose weight quickly. Many Blessings to you on this journey [emoji4]

Ed_NW they wanted me to be at the gym on the elliptical the 19th! I could barely walk let alone run! I was shocked. 4 days after and I’m on my stage 2 100% diet. Thank you!

@newmeday my scale has been back and forth as well. Totally think it’s all the gas! I’m doing all the same walking, as well! Grocery store, Walmart, up and down my stairs. It is absolutely helping with my gas release. The change to purée and soft is amazing, enjoy! Hope you’re feeling great!

7 minutes ago, arc320 said:

Ed_NW they wanted me to be at the gym on the elliptical the 19th! I could barely walk let alone run! I was shocked. 4 days after and I’m on my stage 2 100% diet. Thank you!

That's crazy! Definitely listen to your body first then everyone else second. That elliptical is a kick ass machine! I had a hard time doing that before surgery. LOL

I was sleeved 12/20 and only walked around the neighborhood for 15 min am and pm for the first few days . Progressed to walking 30 min at once and then within 2 weeks was doing 3 miles , 45 min. Did not do any leg lifts or crunches or plank or weights for a month . Started spin at 3 weeks . Intense exercise definitely lights up the metabolism and weight loss , but some doctors say it also makes you hungrier

@Lolo 2020 I’m plan to step up my game tomorrow to hopefully work out the rest of my gas! Going to do some light Zumba and step work. I feel much better now about not getting crazy workouts in yet, thank you!!

I lost 30lbs the first months and didn’t get a hernia - I love to exercise, but the doc scared me about lifting too much too soon - second month is plenty of time to kick into gear and do weight training . Every day I feel more normal and stronger