Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ready to Take Off.... Literally !!!

Hello EVERYONE !

I am yet another NEWBIE. I started my journey in June at AIGB in Richardson, Tx. I went through all the steps and tests necessary and there there was a mix up with my insurance. The original Dr I had selected, come to find out did not take my insurance... wish I would of know that ahead of time, could of saved me several months... but got it all worked out and a new Dr selected the end of October. I rec'd my approval from my insuran not even a week later....... wow that was FAST !!!

:clap2:I started my pre-op diet last Wed 11/7 and my surgery is scheduled 11/29... I can't believe how fast it all came together once all the kinks were ironed out. I am very pleased with that !!

I am doing my Protein shakes and it has been quite interesting to say the least. I was not sure how things were going to go especially while at work, being in a work environment where people are always bringing in donuts and sweets for everyone to snack on. But I managed to ignore the donuts that were brought in 2 days last week. I am trying a variety of recipes for the shakes so that they do not get to boring. Had a great one this morning for Breakfast, strawberry Cheesecake... yum! :hungry:

My surgery will be done by Dr. Frank Felts in Richardson.

I have my pre-op visit on the 26th... It just can't come soon enough. I feel like I have been thinking about this and walking through the steps forever, not quite, just seems so.

My latest challenge is learning how to cook in a healthier manner, so I am definitely up for new tasty ideas.

I am looking forward to learning from you all and sharing my updates as they come along.

Thanks in advance to all of you.

McQty

Lewisville, Tx

Welcome to LBT! Sounds like you're doing great on the pre-op diet. Keep up the good work and it will be here before you know it. Good luck with your surgery and take care.

Welcome... I have not been banded yet...I am in the beginning process....didn't feel comfortable at first seminar I attended...have second one tommorrow hopefully this is the one!

Welcome to LBT! Sounds like you're doing great on the pre-op diet. Keep up the good and it will be here before you know it. Good luck with your surgery and take care.

Thank you Georgia Girl for the welcome. I had a couple of questions...

How long after your surgery did the Dr tell you it was okay to get back into exercising? I am taking a Water aerobics class at my local YMCA and I love it. The best classes I have ever taken. They vary the classes so that it works everything which is so awesome and they have classes year round... woo hoo ! I am eager to get back into it after my surgery but don't want to do it to soon.

Have a great day!

Best of luck to you! It is all worth it! I love my band and have not regretted anything yet!

Thank you for the well wishes. Looks like you are definitely a success !!! Always nice to hear about those success !

Welcome... I have not been banded yet...I am in the beginning process....didn't feel comfortable at first seminar I attended...have second one tommorrow hopefully this is the one!

I know it can be very scary. I don't think I am so much scared of the surgery, as I am as scared of being a failure in post op. I have not had the best eating habit....no duh.... everyone can see that ! But I am learning to cook healthier and I am doing pretty darn good with resisting the temptations that surround me at work, so I am definitely proud of myself in that sense. It will be a challenge for me to learn my portions and such, but I love a good challenge and I am ready for this new one !

I wish you the best and lost of positive thoughts! Those seem to work wonders for me.

Yep that's right. I am an official band member now. Had my surgery Thursday morning. Everything went well. I am home recovering now. Getting better each day. Muscles in stomach are still sore, but not as bad.

Had a little bit of trouble right after surgery with my bloodsugars being too high, but that's all better now.

My band was also a little to full after surgery. Dr had put in 3cc and when I took the barium shot and X-ray, it was not going down. So they had to call the Dr to come back and remove some fluids. He took out 2cc and left 1 cc in. After that it went through just fine and they let me go home.

Sooo now on to liquids...... can't wait until I can have something flavorful.

It's great that you are doing so well! Welcome to bandland!

I would check with your doctor about when he wants you to resume exercise. I always follow my doctor's orders. My doctor and his staff have never lead me astray. Plus, I have had wonderful success by doing this!

Best of luck to ya!

Hi McQty, I was banded by Dr Felts as well!. When I went back a month later for follow up and first fill he told me to wait till wk 6 to start working out (outside of walking which I began immediately)....

Walk when you can, and be sure to take care of yourself the first 4 wks Big Time:)

Good Luck,

Lulu

We are all here because we have crappy eating lifestyles and horrid habits. If we were successful dieters, you'd never see our faces here! We're all gastric failures, and that's something we ALL have to overcome...that negativity. I too went into the band without total optimism. I thought....well, it works for some folks, but I am going to be that one person they look at and go "Oh, well, sometimes the magic works and sometimes it doesn't...guess it doesn't for you...so sorry." I went into it with grim determination (no will power, just grim determination) to prove the world and myself WRONG. It's like starting out on a marathon...I was out of the gate like a ball of fire. I figured the best thing was to get my momentum going early on and go great guns at first in case things started to slow down I would have had early success to help me through. What it DID was train me early. Instead of piddling around at the beginning and THEN getting down to business, I followed my post-op diet to a "T"...no questions, NO cheating so if it DIDN'T work, I could HONESTLY go back to my doctor and say I had done everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) right. But ya know what....when you follow the directions, when you make the changes, when you do the plan....it works. I'm now entering my 7th month and am 3 pounds from the goal my DOCTOR set for me (not MY goal though...I have another 10 pounds after that). I consider myself a huge (no pun intended) success story. I am speaking as a FAILURE for 40+ years in maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle, and I am here to tell you it CAN BE DONE!!! And I didn't KILL myself doing it, either. The last 7 months have been some of the best in my life.

Hi McQty, I was banded by Dr Felts as well!. When I went back a month later for follow up and first fill he told me to wait till wk 6 to start working out (outside of walking which I began immediately)....

Walk when you can, and be sure to take care of yourself the first 4 wks Big Time:)

Good Luck,

Lulu

Did you not just love Dr. Felts. He is so nice and personable. I am excited to get back to exercising, but going to take it slow. I am doing my walking. Having 2 dogs helps, have to keep up with their pee pee schedules. We take the scenic route.

Soooo anxious, excited, delighted !!!

Its amazing just how exciting this journey is isent it?? Welcome!! Its been a little over a month for me and everyday is a new beginning!!

C/C

Love Dr Felts. Such a great guy, his staff too! He banded both my husband and I the same day - so we had each other to lean on "literally". Dogs DO help you get up & go., I have 6 - but with a lot of property the first 3 days I just opened the door and let them run themselves..now they run me :P