Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Bypass Surgery in Mexico at Mexico Bariatric Center???

Hi

I'm new to this site. I was denied coverage for Gastric Bypass by my insurance due to my employer excluding WLS from our policy. I cannot afford $20K for surgery in the US so I'm looking at Mexico Bariatric Center in Tijuana, Mexico. Has anyone had WLS surgery through this company? Any suggestions for another group? I want the best care possible, please help.

I got surgery there Dec 1, 18 Gastric Sleeve by Dr Rodriguez

Scheduling was very efficient and quick, they didn’t contact me much after they gave me all the details and information for the date I set and the preop diet. I made sure to have all my ducks in a row and give them all the info they needed but don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as you need. When I did email or text or call they got me all my answers very quickly.

As for the travel, I drove to the border and got picked up before crossing, went by myself and everyone was super nice. They immediately took the tests they needed, blood work, ekg, etc. then went to a very nice hotel the room was amazing. I had complications where my hemoglobins were too low for surgery and I had to go back and get blood transfusions (costed extra obvi not included) and had surgery the following day. I only had major gas pain the first night of surgery but they took care of my pain pretty quick. The nurses were so sweet and helpful, me being by myself they were comforting.

Id recommend bringing someone, make sure you have $1000 on a card (unless you have extensive doctor appointments before you leave, you NEVER know what might happen like a hernia repair, or blood. I did not know my hemoglobins were low and would need blood transfusions to get the surgery), bringing your favorite pillow ever, and packing light!!

They really do give you all the info in the emails, read every single line and click all the links and read those too.

I’m getting surgery in Mexico as well, but I’m getting mine through A Lighter Me which uses Hospital MI Doctor in Tijuana. My coworker has the same procedure there last November and she loved the experience - said it was the best medical care she’s ever received. Their process sounds similar to the one above.
When I fly out on the 20th they’ll pick me up at the airport in San Diego, drive me across the border, and then do all my testing at the hospital. Then I stay one night in the Grand Hotel Tijuana before my surgery on the 21st.
After the surgery I’ll spend two nights in the hospital before they move me back to the hotel. They have nurses on staff at the hotel to take care of you. They also offer complementary tours and trips around Tijuana during your last two days to help you get out and walk around.
I’m on my pre-op diet now and I am so excited to fly out and start this new phase of my life. This surgery is so affordable and it’s exactly what I need to improve my health.

I had mini gastric bypass(which is better and safer than R n Y) with DR LIZA POMPA@ LIMARP in Tijuana.
I am a nurse and did much homework to finally choose her! And it was an awesome experience! I had my surgery December 19 weighing in at 258 pounds and today I weighed 216 and half and had no complications from my surgery at all. It cost me $8000 and it’s the best money I ever spent. She is the surgeon of an INTERNATIONAL CENTER of EXCELLENCE in BARIATRIC SURGERY in Tijuana. https://www.limarp.com/en

If you’re looking for a low-cost option without having to travel outside of the U.S., you should definitely check out Blossom Bariatrics out of Las Vegas. I was sleeved there on 1/24/19 and they were very thorough. The whole process was very smooth.