Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That I can get back to work first week of jan.. unfortunately though pain from hernia is so bad.im icing it hopefully I'll be well enough..with this extra work I'm having a longer recovery time..focusing on my Vitamins fluids and Protein intake at the moment..

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Prayers coming your way! I hope you feel better!

I’m in the same boat @pinksparkle1965
My follow up with the nutritionist is 12/31 and with the surgeon is 1/3. I’m hoping to be back to work on the 4th but this hiatal hernia really put a wrench in the works. I hope you’re feeling better very soon!

Thank you bariatric family for your kind words prayers and support

One of worst things about distal hernia repair is that hurts with every breath you take. You see, it's your diaphragm, your breathing muscle that got cinched up, when they made the defect/hole smaller it was in a very strong muscle. And do you also have left shoulder pain? That's where the nerves originated, right below your gills when you were a teeny tiny embryo. Didn't know you once,had gills like a tadpole? Yep, you sure did, even resembled one somewhat. Embryology was one of the things I loved studying, while other girls my age were into Mills and Boon/Harlequin romances I was curled up with science and medical 📚. Give me a PDR, wave a Grays Anatomy at me and I'll follow you over a cliff, into an Ocean. If I had gotten my way, I had the potential to set medicine back on its heels. Alas now I am only an Old know-it-all on here, but I also never stopped trying to learn.😛👓💊

Now where did distal come from? I distinctly keyed in HIATAL and HIATAL was what I meant! Mea Culpa!

Makes total sense! My breathing was very shallow in the hospital and with the binder on. Though with this pain still being persistent I’m contemplating putting the binder back on just to hold stuff in place!

thank you for the info @Frustr8 😊

One of worst things about distal hernia repair is that hurts with every breath you take. You see, it's your diaphragm, your breathing muscle that got cinched up, when they made the defect/hole smaller it was in a very strong muscle. And do you also have left shoulder pain? That's where the nerves originated, right below your gills when you were a teeny tiny embryo. Didn't know you once,had gills like a tadpole? Yep, you sure did, even resembled one somewhat. Embryology was one of the things I loved studying, while other girls my age were into Mills and Boon/Harlequin romances I was curled up with science and medical [emoji432]. Give me a PDR, wave a Grays Anatomy at me and I'll follow you over a cliff, into an Ocean. If I had gotten my way, I had the potential to set medicine back on its heels. Alas now I am only an Old know-it-all on here, but I also never stopped trying to learn.[emoji14][emoji165][emoji381]
Wow well mine was the size of a fist

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

And @ pink sparkle 1965 have a fantabulous 2019! You will never by a sour lemon drop as long as you are a Pink Starburst!