Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Office didn’t send all of my documents to insurance

Hi guys —

I wouldn’t normally rant about this kind of thing here, but I am heated about this and maybe some of you have gone through something similar and have words of advice for me.

So I had my last check in the Tuesday before Thanksgiving which gave the doctor’s office ample time to send everything they needed to my insurance. Well today, I received a letter in the mail from my insurance stating that they have not received 2 things: a letter of medical necessity and office notes.

“Okay, big deal,” you’re probably thinking... My surgery is scheduled for WEDNESDAY morning. Today is MONDAY. Actually, it is Monday night. So the doctor’s office is closed and I didn’t get anyone to pick up from my insurance company. So now I’m sitting here panicking because my mom who is taking me to the hospital has already taken off for the two days that I will be in the hospital. At my consent signing two weeks ago, I was assured that everything had been sent and I was ready to go.

I am just so beside myself and, in all honesty, mad at myself for trusting and relying on the doctor’s office to handle this. I should have made absolutely sure everything was done. I really don’t know what to do other than panic for the next 36 hours...

Don’t panic just call first thing in the am tell them to send it over. Wait a hour call the Insurance company to see if it was received if so ask them to expedite the decision being as tho you have surgery scheduled for Wednesday. Call both offices alllllllllll day until you find out an answer.

I would be beside myself. But there isn't anything that you can do this late at night. I would call the insurance company and the drs office in the morning. Maybe the Dr's office sending over the needed documentations will be all the insurance needs for a quick turn around for the approval part. We are our best advocates sometimes. Keep on them girl. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! Good luck with your surgery.

Good news guys! I was approved and the only consequence was my surgery was pushed back a couple hours. I’m so, so excited! Thanks for your advice ☺️

2 hours ago, b_co said:

Good news guys! I was approved and the only consequence was my surgery was pushed back a couple hours. I’m so, so excited! Thanks for your advice ☺️

Oh that's wonderful!!! I was wondering what they would do. Good luck girl!!! Tomorrow is going to be great!!! :)

Good luck tomorrow...so glad all went well...